Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday, my dad went to the dealership to find out how much they would give him for his '04 300M and in the process, ordered a Black 300C fully loaded with Navi sound group II and sunroof. It's going to take 6 - 8 weeks before it comes in. I'm excited to see this car and take it for a spin. :) The dealership did not have any. The M is nice, but I don't like how Chrysler took away most of the little things such as door lights and window/door lock switch lights. Not to mention the sound system is terrible, a true disappointment, and has no place in a car that costs 30k+. Though the M is fully loaded with Navigation and sunroof, I don't like how small the navi screen is and how all the features you expect are not available. It's completely stripped with just the bare basics.

Anyhow, my question is why Chrysler opted to go with an auto climate control with simply knobs instead of one with a digital display like the new one found in the '04 Durango? :confused:

Regardless, I can't wait till this car comes in. I want to feel power. Driving a '02 Pontiac Grand am GT1 leaves more to be desired. :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Vintalage,

Welcome to the board. However if you read some of the 100's of posts here you will realize that the dealer was blowing you know what up your dad's you know where when they told him 6-8 weeks for delivery. In the unlikely event that he does get it in 6-8 weeks please post the name of the dealer here so I can order one from him.

SWARICK

·
Registered
167 Posts
congratulations to your dad and yourself! I am sure you will enjoy, even moreso since your dad is the one that bought it and if he lets you drive it. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
swarick said:
Vintalage,

Welcome to the board. However if you read some of the 100's of posts here you will realize that the dealer was blowing you know what up your dad's you know where when they told him 6-8 weeks for delivery. In the unlikely event that he does get it in 6-8 weeks please post the name of the dealer here so I can order one from him.

SWARICK
Oh, i've read a number of posts here concerning that. I recently read on post where someone flew to another state to get the car and drive back 1700 miles because none of the dealers around him had any and he was tired of waiting. I doubt it would be 6 - 8 weeks myself, but we will see if thier prediction holds true.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I ordered back in mid April and expect it to show up by the end of June. About 11 weeks total. This is for 300C with Sirius Radio, Sound Group II and HID lights, only. No sunroof, no nav. My dealership now says they are having a hard time getting Hemi's to build 300C's. Much more demand for the engine than anticipated.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Vintalage said:
Anyhow, my question is why Chrysler opted to go with an auto climate control with simply knobs instead of one with a digital display like the new one found in the '04 Durango? :confused: (
Only to keep cost down! Chrysler has to cut cost somewhere in order to bring a car this level of car to market for only $32,995. This car 300C could have been priced at $39,995 and still have the level of excitement, sells and order it has received.

They also skimped on:

Only 1 rear seat magazine pocket (300C)
No gas cap holder
Chrome Clad instead of Chrome Plated rims.
Using Continental tires

·
Registered
37 Posts
I personally don't think that the Climate Control system controls are that bad. I actually like them, they give you driver and passenger temp control, Hi and Lo auto modes and a simply variable speed manual select. I think that by making the controls simple but with all the features you need they did a great job. If they go to full digital display then there's an additional chance of $500+ future expense to fix a few bad LEDs or display screen.
Also the simplicity makes it a lot more user friendly,
... In contrast in the system in my BMW 540i you need to press the "Down" button 7 or 8 times (or keep it press for 4-5 seconds) in order to get it to shut off completely :eek: :eek: .

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
I agree! Simple is BETTER, especially when you're driving a car and trying to adjust your climate control. Rotary knobs are much more intuitive than digital controls (which is why musical keyboard manufacturers have gone back to simple knobs -- musicians can make changes on the fly much easier).

Digital climate control is simply for the Gee Whiz factor. Ugh.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
crispiegee said:
I agree! Simple is BETTER, especially when you're driving a car and trying to adjust your climate control. Rotary knobs are much more intuitive than digital controls (which is why musical keyboard manufacturers have gone back to simple knobs -- musicians can make changes on the fly much easier).

Digital climate control is simply for the Gee Whiz factor. Ugh.
I agree as well, simple is better. But I found the unit in the 300M pretty simple. Hit auto and hit the up or down buttons to adjust the temp and that's it. The only thing I do not like about it is that if you hit recirculate, one of the vent buttons, or adjust the fan speed, it forces it out of auto mode and into manual. The 2003 Navigator his wife has does not do that though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ordered my 300C with most options including Nav and Sunroof on April 17. Still does not have VIN assigned. Dealer orginally said 6 weeks. Now knows nothing. Heard that sunroof delay is over?????????????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts