Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Everyone here knows that little round switch that djusts the brightness on the cluster. After that Max brightness level it clicks once to the point where the EVIC and Nav screen gets really bright!

When is the extra bright EVIC and Nav display setting supposed to be used? Which setting do you all drive with?

Thanks,

Shiva

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
shiva_va said:
Hey all!

Everyone here knows that little round switch that djusts the brightness on the cluster. After that Max brightness level it clicks once to the point where the EVIC and Nav screen gets really bright!

When is the extra bright EVIC and Nav display setting supposed to be used? Which setting do you all drive with?

Thanks,

Shiva
Well, I really haven't paid that much attention to it, but here's what I think I've observed.
With the thumb wheel rolled all of the way up the cluster and nav are at max bright AND the overhead console and interior lights are on.
One click of the wheel downward turns off the overheads and interiors, and leaves the cluster and nav bright.
The next click downward, and as you continue to roll the thumb wheel downward, first drops the cluster and nav brightness a notch, and then continues to diminish it.
The extra bright is for use in bright daylight conditions when ambient light diminishes the ability to see the cluster and nav, like turning up the brightness on your TV when sunlight is in a room.
Conversely, when ambient light is low the extra bright setting may be too bright causing distractive glare , so you can turn it down to a comfortable level. Many TV's do similar by turning down the brightness when the room is more dimly lit.
You should also notice that bright goes to dim automatically when the headlights come on as the system thinks ahead for you to cut glare from the cluster and nav screen. I set mine on the second click down (top of the continuous dimmer), where (I think) it is brightest with headlights off and automatically dimmer when the headlights come on. At this time of the year my auto-headlights are on for both morning and evening commutes so things are generally dimly lit all of the time.
Maybe the owner's manual explains it differently, but that's how I see it working.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Yep, DESIREE got it right. TOP is max instruments and interiors on, next click down is called PARADE MODE, NAV and EVIC to max, interiors off and just below the next click is where I usually drive..from there it's all adjustable.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
*grin* If you live in a place with very bright sunlight, that extra light comes in handy :D

Awesome info.

·
Registered
842 Posts
you know what i hate about the nav....when iam sitting in a parking lot with lights off in the night the screen friggn blinds ya..i have 5% tint for a reason i like to be in cognito:147: ....am i missing something, or is the only way to dim the nav when lights are off is to turn the system off?..i cant figure it out either:33:

·
Registered
111 Posts
4herb2tas0tik said:
you know what i hate about the nav....when iam sitting in a parking lot with lights off in the night the screen friggn blinds ya..i have 5% tint for a reason i like to be in cognito:147: ....am i missing something, or is the only way to dim the nav when lights are off is to turn the system off?..i cant figure it out either:33:
You can set the brightness of the Nav unit under the system setup. There is the auto setting and a manual setting. Under the manual settings there are 10 increments you can utilize.

Hope that will help ya,
Gary

·
Registered
842 Posts
CRUZR said:
You can set the brightness of the Nav unit under the system setup. There is the auto setting and a manual setting. Under the manual settings there are 10 increments you can utilize.

Hope that will help ya,
Gary
hmmm....that easy..A....well ty...no more being blinded at night..

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
4herb2tas0tik said:
So, tell us, just what are you doin' out there "incognito" in the darK!?
Hee hee.:naughty: :nono:

·
Registered
842 Posts
DESIREE said:
So, tell us, just what are you doin' out there "incognito" in the darK!?
Hee hee.:naughty: :nono:
who me...lol..:popworm: ...:naughty:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts