Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think I am having the same problem. The front left dash speaker is getting a surging of sound. The volume on that speaker will get louder for a second, then go back to the regular volume. The problem is often a random problem, but it also often happens when I skip songs and when the head unit turns on. I just replaced the factory head unit with an Alpine unit and then the problem started happening. I thought it was a problem with the after-market wiring harness or the head unit. I tried switching the RCA cables for the the front and rear speakers and the problem is still in the front left speaker. After reading this thread, I am wondering if the problem has something to do with the factory speakers or amps. I just bought a set of Infinity speakers, 6 1/2" separates, which I am going to install this weekend. I am hoping that I can disconnect the 3 1/2" dash speakers, replace the door speakers, and the problem will go away.

BTW - my 300C came with the 6 speaker, single disc cd player, with factory amps.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts