Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off this is my first post. I've been a 300C owner for a year. Not the best year ever either let me tell you. She's an 06 300C 5.7 beauty. Bought with 96k miles ran phenomenal. After 2 months the motor dropped a valve seat and was garbage. A months worth of research and thinking brought me to giving her a heart transplant. Now she runs great again!!(not cheap either #[email protected]%!!!) However ever since I bought the car every once in a great while the dash lights will all go crazy flicker on and off. If I have the headlights on auto those will shut off as well and not come on unless I turn the car on and off again. Had the battery tested not that. So I've done a lot of research on here and came across the topic once or twice. The one solution I found that I have read is the only one that works is getting the PCM reprogrammed. Does anybody know if this holds any validity? Anybody else done it and have it work?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, fairly new to this forum. Recently acquired my first 300c (2007 101,000) I've ever owned and love it so far. However I'm having the same problem that thatcali300C is having above. It is very intermittent, but frustrating, and would love if someone has a fix for it.

Same as above... it happens maybe every second time I drive it, I will hear a "ding" and then a few seconds later the whole dash will go through a "bulb check" as if I where just starting the car. If nighttime the auto headlights will stop working and the seat heaters will reset to off. The car still runs fine like nothing happened, but I will need to shut off and restart the car to get the auto headlights to work again. As stated above, battery and charging system are fine.

Any thoughts?

Tim

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem,, it's a grounding issue,, beside the driveside headlight you will find 6 ground wires going into
one eyelet and attached to wall beside headlight,, my fix, took eyelet off cleaned up wires,, I divided the bunch into 2 sets of
3 wires now attached one eyelet into existing spot original ground and with self tapping screw attached other right beside
other one,, make sure to remove paint for new eyelet and clean surface of existing.. done this 2 years ago never had
dash lights go out again

·
Registered
2 Posts
had this happen to me,, it's a grounding issue,, Beside driver side head light there is six ground wires into one eyelet that's
attached to the wall by headlight,,, fix ,, took eyelet off separated the wires cleaned them lots of corrosion,, got two new eyelet
that would hold 3 wires,, crimped those and attached to existing spot original ground and with self tapping screw attached other eyelet beside other one,, make sure clean surface where attaching new eyelets to wall remove paint

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been having same problem with my 06 which I've owned since 9/17. I've tried everything but problem still stays. I'm definitely going to try the ground wires that Rical mention. Actually going to do it now. Will let you know. And thx Rical for the info it's been driving me nuts.

·
Administrator
19,550 Posts
It may be a loose ground, loose main power connection, it can be a failing battery problem, a main PCM connection issue or it may be a failing alternator.

First thing I'd do is check the main power connections at the battery and the ground. They obviously should be tight and clean. If the problem doesn't go away, load test the battery, check your main harness connections at the PCM and PCM to BCM and test the alternator.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've cleaned all connections front and back, load tested battery, replaced battery, hadn't noticed the ground that Rical had mentioned. Cleaned that connection, and as for now seems to have fixed the problem. Will keep you posted. Many thanks to all of you this is the best community of car fans I've ever seen and have been a part of

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this happen to my 07 300c. 2 days after I got the car. All the idiot lights lit up, tach and Speedo dropped to zero, HVAC stopped working. All for just a moment. Car ran fine when issue happened. Then I was driving at night and the whole car went black. No lights at all. Switched from Auto to on and they worked. I had 2 issues
New headlight switch fixed the lighimt issue. New ignition switch fixed the dash issue.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have posted all over the web about this issue and when it was a problem for me I would disconnect the ground terminal from my battery for 15 mins than the problem would be gone for a few months before returning. I have a 2006 3.5 touring and this was happening constantly like the entire time I would drive. I was afraid my car was going to catch on fire. I also replaced the headlight switch to a newer style but that didn't help. Then I replaced the ignition switch and that solved my issues completely. I have also been informed the Body Control Module can cause this issue to happen as well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
Cali300
Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums
Join the 300c forum community to discuss the Chrysler 300c, SRT8, horsepower specs, AWD system and so much more!
Full Forum Listing