Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gang,

Just a quick question, and post delivery update (1st week of ownership!)

I've noticed that there are 3 circular speaker grilles located on the top of the dashboard, Are the speakers operational in these areas with a base model like mine? I know that the car supposedly has 4 speakers, but I wasn't sure if the speakers on the top of the dash were figured in with the equation. I don't have the Boston Acoustics sound system, or any Sound Group installed in my base 300. I just have the stock AM/FM/CD stereo. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I have to say after one week of ownership, I have had a blast driving the car around. When I picked her up at the dealer, she had 8 miles on the clock, now I have about 170 miles. I have had to answer many questions about the car, and what it can and can't do. (Does it have a Hemi??? etc,) What my response to the HEMI question is, is "OK, if you give me an extra 10K, I will reorder the car with the HEMI! I personally don't see any need for the Hemi engine in my car. To me, it seems to have great pickup and go for just having a 2.7 V6 engine. After the holidays, I plan on having the 6 disc changer radio installed by the dealer from which I purchased my base 300 sedan. I have put my first tank of gas in, post delivery, and seem to have gotten about 15 mpg around town. I haven't taken it out on the highway yet, just local driving, to and from work, etc. Everybody where I work, loves the car just as much as I do. I will only let certain people, whom I trust ever sit behind the wheel of my new baby. I love the car so much, if I ever hit the lottery for a significant amount of $$$, I would not hesitate to purchase a "C" in Cool Vanilla. (Money would be no option at that point!) I'd still keep my base 300, and give it a friend in the driveway to keep her company. I will keep everyone posted on my progress and I hope to have some pictures real soon. I was hoping to get some pix this weekend, but I am trying to wait for a nice day with some sunshine to bring out the color of the car. I hope everyone is having a good time with their cars, and if anyone is still waiting for their 300 or Magnum, I hope that the wait is short. It was definitely worth the month long wait for me! (I ordered my 300 sedan on 11/8 and took delivery 12/6. I hope to hear from someone soon.

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

A new 300 owner in Delaware! :D

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Only the outside dash speakers work, the center is empty, there is a good thread on replacing the dash speakers (very easy) which are very crappy paper speakers, even the Boston's with SG II. The center is not useful anyway, only good for a DVD with 5.1 otherwise some with SGII disconnect the center. Enjoy your C most all of us are thrilled with our cars and it does'nt matter if it's a base or a C, it's a thrilling ride.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
thrilling ride indeed! I also have a base model 300, and it looks stunning. As soon as Ted from Mopar Super Center hooks me up with the chrome accent's (base model doesn't have any) it will look even gorgeous <--- is that how you spell it?
btw II KINGS 9:20, you know what size are the speakers that are on the dash?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Yes, 3.5 inch, I put in Eclipse recommended by rogue in his original removal of dash speakers thread and for $60 they are incredible. rogue showed a complete detailed photo guide of the process, If you plan to do this check out that thread, you can PM me for a few tips to make things easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts