Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw a listing in ebay about 3 kicker speakers right of an srt8 dash, i have a base model 2.7 is it possible to install these in a base model dash and how would i go about the wiring, i already have an aftermarket double din indash with a sub and amp installed by myself and would like to know if i can install these 3 in my dash. any base model owners done this upgrade yet? if you have let me know how you went about installing these speakers as far as wiring or anybody that knows how to do this give me some info please thanks.:fing02:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I did the upgrade to infiniti 3" in the dash but used 2 though. I remember seeing a DIY article on the 3rd speaker, kinda serving like a center channel or something and wiring issues, more of a headache than i wanted to deal with, but you will see a dramatic change by upgrading at least the 2

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i couldnt find anything all i found was how to replace them with aftermarket and some said that they installed them but didnt actually said how. but what i really want to know is WERE TO CONNECT the wires that im a run from each of the dash's 3 speakers, can i connect them to my aftermarket indash or do i need something else to connect them to? im pretty electronic literate but i dont know how to go about connecting these extra speakers. if i cant do it myself im gonna have to go to a shop and pay them to do that for me and i would hate to pay them for doing it when i could do it myself but that would be plan b right:yuck: .

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
the couple I have done for people have been either direct to the aftermarket H/U outputs, -or- coming off the amp, to a crossover, mid/low to the doors and mid/high to the dash..

either way works, though IMO coming off the H/U seems to have better sound..

also don't install the center channel unless your H/U is a 5.1 or 6.1 unit, installing the center channel requires looping thru the left and right..

that is:

left + from H/U to left + on left speaker, left - on left speaker to center + and center - to right + and right - back to right - on H/U (I think I got that right, it's late and I'm tired)

doing this puts the balance out of phase,

best to just have a Left and Right hooked to H/U left and right outputs.. and forgo the center, unless the H/U has a center channel output..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks mr. icredible for helping me once again sounds like it would be much easier to just do left and right only but i will check out my h/u and see if its possible to do the center as well.

·
Registered
317 Posts
to be honest what i did was the following. i tapped into the wire that was already connected to the door speaker. see my speakers are connected to amp. but the original install, deck speaker to door speaker were kept. so all i did was disconnect the deck speaker tapped into it and that was it. i dot have a phase problem issue and sounds alot better.

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
to be honest what i did was the following. i tapped into the wire that was already connected to the door speaker. see my speakers are connected to amp. but the original install, deck speaker to door speaker were kept. so all i did was disconnect the deck speaker tapped into it and that was it. i dot have a phase problem issue and sounds alot better.
that works as long as you aren't driving any bass to the doors.

if you are driving bass to the doors and tap without a crossover then the dash speakers (which are mid/high only) will burn up over time.. they are not designed to run the low frequencies..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts