Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2011 300C, the "awning" over the gauge cluster is loosening up and starting to rattle at various times. Other than stuffing something inbetween it and the dashpad, is there a simple way to tighten it up?

I searched the forum, but no hits on this...

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds great, unfortunately, the image that got uploaded is of engine electrical connectors and an AC troubleshooting chart (which don't even appear now in this browser).

Can you please try again to upload it or alternately point me to a link with an illustration or a description?

Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, the link to the picture is there now. Great, I see the tabs in the back. Thank you!

I wonder what holds it down in the front. I didn't see any screws, and you know how some of these attachments work... pull it the wrong way, break a piece off and you're in for a whole new assembly!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry it's taken me time to get back to you. I owe you a BIG thank you!

Basically, you push down a little on the front, the back comes up a touch, you get your fingers behind it and pull towards you. It comes right out. The two tabs in the back are for locating. There are tabs on the front of the piece itself that go into sockets in the dash frame.

I put a piece of self-adhesive weatherstrip (a soft foam) under the part from left to right and I put a smaller piece on the hidden part of the ends.

Results; Excellent. No more noise. As an added benefit, I was able to get in to clean and polish the DIC and gauges without any interference.

Again, THANKS for sticking with me on this one so that I could get it done!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinking Driver Information Center and when I re-read it after your reply, I realized the semantic issue. My wife will be laughing at this one... Thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts