Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now... as I said B4 I sooo really Lewinsky at taking pics of my mods while in progress, might be lucky if I get in a before pics, maybe some during, always easy to do the after...LOL.

Well, I redid what I had done yesterday, quick catch up for those who ,missed it...
-removed the pilar from the front fascia vent
-planned on doing split force feed to CAI & brake vent set up
-technical oops on the brake vent (me being to ambitious with 4" ducting instead of doing a reasonable 3")
-did single vent force air feed to CAI (No pics)
-Did not like that the whoosh sound was gone from CAI, Butt dyno gave me no feed back so had me back at it today (with some pics):)

K so I figured I choked the CAI a bit because my original design had a junction from the giant space behind the fascia to the tiny hole where the CAI is supposed to breathe...

Well, guess what I got a new Milwaukee cutting thingy like a couple weeks ago, great deal from $189, to $75... but that's another story...so I removed the junction thing and CUT the inlet for the new VELOCITY STACK to feed the CAI...

test fit the stack before opening it up...

I re-did the lower vent part to accept both ram tunnels from the vents and attached it through the hole I cut to the velocity stack above.
See TWO INLETS...

I connected the 4" vent duct from the vents in the fascia to the new inlets (sorry no pics for this one...)

I was getting frustrated, didn't want to jack the car all the way up... Of course you have to let loose the front belly cover that connects to the fascia to do this so I thought maybe I could just reach up under there.. well, NO, I suppose crawling under a car is much easier to do if you don't have boobs (sorry no pics of those either, LOL)

If you've been under there and can imagine I fit the ducting between the chassis and the brace that holds the fans and radiator...VERY TIGHT FIT...but possible it will hang down a little bit but the cover thingy has enough room to compensate...

K so... end results look like this, you can actually see the ducting behind the vents (or at least through the mesh) if you look closely.

passenger

Driver

full front (you can also kind see where I routed the ducting a little bit if you look behind the vent under the LP in this Pic)

4" takes up most of the space back there would have loved to use 6" but then routing and keeping it manageable would have been a nightmare...

Oh, and what of that stack you ask...look behind the filter...
had my CAI powder coated red, didn't really consider it a mod so never brought it up but you can kinda see it in tihs pic.
I'll eventually do the rest of the bay in a same red shade... no other real red accessories but have pink LEDs underneath, LOL..

That stack is about 1" away from the filter and wraps around the filter pretty well. the top of the filter is still open and has plenty of room to suck air too for when the car is standing still...

Didn't get much of that wonderful sound back but I took it for a spin on the freeway and it seemed a little happier.

Have to find a place to run some timed laps around here...:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Just incredible, T8STY. You should submit your thread to the Tech Tips for Review thread!

You are definitely the queen of self-made mods and self-installations! Congratulations on your inventivenss and willingness to share it all with us!

The car looks great. I would like to see a pic of your whole engine bay showing the powdercoated CAI.

It appears that filter was a tight fit, you know can simply move your power steering fluid unit over to the other set of hooks if needed.

Cheers to a great, ambitious job.
bruno

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey, it was suggested that I completely enclose the air filter, any feed back on this, I though t about doing it but I was too tired today... any opinions?

·
Registered
845 Posts
I have the Volant CAI and don't see any benefit in having the filter enclosed other than keeping the filter a tad cleaner longer. Even the Volant has fairly large openings that allow for engine bay air to come in. I experimented with coving the holes and experienced no difference other than there was not as much air swooshing sound coming from the engine bay.

·
Registered
55 Posts
show quality... zero

functionality... 1/100

time wasted... more than enough

heater duct hosing looks pretty bad behind the air ducts...

just my opinion, which i'm sure you were looking for...

what you could have done, which does involve some cutting.. is take the hole where you sat your heating duct.. cut it to 4 1/8""

you can go to ebay, or even your local exahust shop, and buy some small chunks of 4" pipe, some straight and some bent at a 90 ( these can also be powdercoated.. because it's not cheap tin)... and you can create a complete, free flowing cold air intake with the filter itself sitting right behind, or slightly higher than those air inlets on the bumper.. and you only have to do it on the drivers side.. it would look 100% better, and provide better functionality

not to knock your idea.. but better materials, and more time could have been spent... and it doesnt really cost that much extra.. i did my intake for $68, i'll post some pictures and a materials list when i find the time away from work...
the only thing i can think of is seeing a civic with a big wing and chrome hubcaps and a $20 muffler... sorry .. a dyno would prove maybe 3 hp.. and i'm being generous... you're tricking yourself into thinking it's better..

and i hope i dont get banned.. as i'm new to the forum, but this just isnt a mod that i would spread the word about

·
Banned
651 Posts
That Looks Ghetto, Your Not Very Hand With Tools .......*cough* Woman*cough*

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
show quality... zero

functionality... 1/100

time wasted... more than enough

heater duct hosing looks pretty bad behind the air ducts...

just my opinion, which i'm sure you were looking for...

what you whould have done, which does involve some cutting.. is take the hole where you sat your heating duct.. cut it to 4 1/8""

you can go to ebay, or even your local exahust shop, and buy some small chunks of 4" pipe, some straight and some bent at a 90 ( these can also be powdercoated.. because it's not cheap tin)... and you can create a complete, free flowing cold air intake with the filter itself sitting right behind, or slightly higher than those air inlets on the bumper.. and you only have to do it on the drivers side.. it would look 100% better, and provide better functionality

not to knock your idea.. but better materials, and more time could have been spent... the only thing i can think of is seeing a civic with a big wing and chrome hubcaps... sorry dude.. a dyno would prove maybe 3 hp.. and i'm being generous... you're tricking yourself into thinking it's better..

and i hope i dont get banned.. as i'm new to the forum, but this just isnt a mod that i would spread the word about
LOL, not that your opinion matters since it was so negatively put.
I guess it doesn't matter that I get no show quality, it's under the damn hood or hidden behind the fascia, DUH! the rest of is has been painted black so, oh well...
Functionality... um, it's working...so I'm sure the math degree you earned at BS-U, might be challenged with the figure you posted...

and as far as time wasted... it was my time, so not for you to worry...

I'm sure your opinion would not be hard to find, lots of sad negative bashing BS laying around everywhere so just one of many...
My car, my mod, done my way.... stick to your big winged civic, guess that's what you're used to since that is what came to mind, I'm sure this whole 300 thing is a new world to you... at least you got one more notch your post count....

What I am curious it to know what kind of Pc you have or what software you are running, some people use at least a but dyno but your internet picture dyno is far superior... besides with this type mod a dyno wouldn't really show that much improvement sine it takes a stagnant read and for this you would rely on airflow hence the *ahem*vented* part...

All that intellect and generous, LOL... but you still can't tell gender differences.... Women are not referred to as Dudes... but then again maybe that's how you roll, depends on what kind of 'woMAN' you're used to... would explain your screen name (and obsession) huh "JIZZ-ajames"

Maybe I am tricking myself... but even with your "generous" 3hp gain... it's still a gain, improvement, increase... hence um... what was that you used... better?

Yeah...
don't worry about being banned, we let all types of A holes on this forum... but at least you know you're one of them otherwise you wouldn't worry about being banned...

That Looks Ghetto, Your Not Very Hand With Tools .......*cough* Woman*cough*
LOL, glad to see you back J and still at your oldways... how is that fight club of yours cause I think you're due for an azz kicking, LOL... See... if I was ghetto I'd just stab ya with my spiked heel or broken 40oz bottle, LOL... something like that....

·
Registered
55 Posts
wow.. you really don't take critcism lightly.

-i dont have a degree.. but i have a passion for quality performance...

-a flexible tube that isnt smooth on the inside.. isnt good for improved air flow

-didnt know you were a woman, i must have missed the part in the title that said "custom intake, by a woman".... not that it matters

-and my comment wasnt that bad... i suggested another method that wouldnt cost much more, and look good, especially with powdercoating to match your other intake piece

from now on i'll try and post only constructive ideas
my deepest apologies.

·
Banned
651 Posts
LMAO "custom intake, by a woman"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
204 Posts
I give you an A+ for effort and creativity, but I wouldn't want that on my car. Don't take this the wrong way, but IMO that doesn't belong on such a beautiful car. It's kinda hack-ish. It's your car and you can do what you want with it, I'm just giving my honest input. I think your head is in the right place and you're design is great, but the finished product isn't that great.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow.. you really don't take critcism lightly.

-i dont have a degree.. but i have a passion for quality performance...

-a flexible tube that isnt smooth on the inside.. isnt good for improved air flow

-didnt know you were a woman, i must have missed the part in the title that said "custom intake, by a woman".... not that it matters

-and my comment wasnt that bad... i suggested another method that wouldnt cost much more, and look good, especially with powdercoating to match your other intake piece

from now on i'll try and post only constructive ideas
my deepest apologies.
Dignity and grace deserve the same, and I do believe in redemption.. So my apologies as well. I did come off a little Catty in my reply :08: .. but your original post had quite a sarcastic and uncouth tone to it... but... handling it this way, I see now what your were originally trying to suggest...
I'll admit it was done in somewhat of a hurry but doesn't mean I still can't go back to tweak it... it's what mods are all about...
see you on the pages...:beerchug:

JRod...LOL, shut up...I should put you behind the cars fascia, I can't imagine the air flow behind there cause you really suck... LOL. dork...:nana: :nana: :09:

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
T8STY,
Way to dish it back to those members who don't know how to critique your project in a constructive way. You're doing a great job with your creativity whether it appeals to everyone or not.

JRod, it probably won't be long before you get banned again, maybe even permanently. You don't add anything positive to this community so I don't know why you even bother posting here.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
JRod...LOL, shut up...I should put you behind the cars fascia, I can't imagine the air flow behind there cause you really suck... LOL. dork...:nana: :nana: :09:
I vote for throwing him down the stairs. Maybe a heel to the forehead first. That always works.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
HOLY, MOLEY, BERNIE'S BACK! :arms: :arms: :arms: :arms: :arms:

YOU'RE BACK, RIGHT? (YES, I KNOW I'M SHOUTING. SORRY. I CAN'T HELP IT!)

GOSH, IT'S GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN!

YAAAYYYYY!
Hey thanks man. Can't keep a good old dog down forever eh!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Sorry, T8STY. I was so excited to see Bernie's pixels, I missed that line. Now, that was some funny sh... uh, stuff!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dignity and grace deserve the same, and I do believe in redemption.. So my apologies as well. I did come off a little Catty in my reply :08: .. but your original post had quite a sarcastic and uncouth tone to it... but... handling it this way, I see now what your were originally trying to suggest...
I'll admit it was done in somewhat of a hurry but doesn't mean I still can't go back to tweak it... it's what mods are all about...
see you on the pages...:beerchug:

truce

and the JIZZajames.... is not what it sounds like.. My name is Jesse James, no joke.. and my youngest cousin used to pronounce my name jizza.... not that anyone cares.... but i wont pick another screen name, it's been used for 10 years now, why would i change it.. meh whatever.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have to say that I am impressed that the SRTlady put that together, or even wanted to. I'd pay big $$ to see my wifes t!ts under my SRT 8 any day!
She had a good idea, a plan, and executed something to a finished product, in heater ducting no less. C'mon men, remember when you were younger, duct tape. The lady is thinking duct tape.... Is she married?

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I like your thinking and all the effort.
If you paint the mesh and ducts black it will not stand out so much.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts