Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these available to dealers yet. I understand that the '06 srt-8 is already wired for it and it is plug and play. Do you have a price?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Actually from what I understand (per a DCX marketing exec), is that all '05 '300 series' models are also wired to accept this particular entertainment system and it should become available relatively soon (for about $1,200) as a 'retrofit' ('plug and play') accessory. I also have been led to believe that it will replace the OEM front center console assembly in its entirety. I currently have a 'pending order' for one with my local 'Five Star' Chrysler dealer (who will also be installing it) as soon as it becomes available for order. :cool2:

Here's the original link:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5491&page=1&pp=10

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:)
Mr.DJ said:
Actually from what I understand (per a DCX marketing exec), it that all '05 '300 series' models are also wired to accept this particular entertainment system and it should become available relatively soon (for about $1,200) as a 'retrofit' ('plug and play') accessory. I also have been led to believe that it will replace the OEM front center console assembly in its entirety. I currently have a 'pending order' for one with my local 'Five Star' Chrysler dealer (who will also be installing it) as soon as it becomes available for order. :cool2:

Here's the original link:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5491&page=1&pp=10
yeah I started that thread. Rob From DCX had PM'd me to state that '05's would have to retrofitted but that '06's would be wired. The other site is talking about pulling wires and reconnecting. I hope that is the '05's. the question was more like "hey guys what kind of price can you give me on this". I should have been more direct.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The kit replaces the console lid, you lose a little bit on space inside.

I can't tell you if the wiring is there on the '06, but removing the wires from the 10 pin connector was a PITA.

Over all the kit is very sweet, my kids love it.

As for price, I got it from Mopar Super Center, with the site discount and shipping it was under $1000.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
obiwan said:
The kit replaces the console lid, you lose a little bit on space inside.

I can't tell you if the wiring is there on the '06, but removing the wires from the 10 pin connector was a PITA.

Over all the kit is very sweet, my kids love it.

As for price, I got it from Mopar Super Center, with the site discount and shipping it was under $1000.
Do you have photos of your rear DVD entertainment system? I've heard that some of the screens tend to fluctuate in size, and tend not to be as large as those pictured in my above photo examples. :dunno:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mr.DJ said:
Do you have photos of your rear DVD entertainment system? I've heard that some of the screens tend to fluctuate in size, and tend not to be as large as those pictured in my above photo examples. :dunno:
Screen size on the factory unit is 7"

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mr.DJ said:
I'll take some when it cools off later tonight, over 100 degrees already. Want an inside the console shot too?

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
We've had it listed on our site for a while now. It will fit all 2005 & 2006 LX models. I do not have any details on it other than what we have listed. They appear to be readily available but we have not needed to order one yet so I am not sure how long it will take.

DVD Rear Seat Video(TM) features a 7-inch active matrix LCD display providing superior picture quality. The DVD player is integrated into either the headliner, console or in-dash. Audio can be accessed through the vehicle’s sound system and/or through wireless headphones. An auxiliary input is provided for a video camera, CD, MP3 and video games, A remote control and two sets of wireless headphones are included. Additional headphones can be purchased separately.

ORDER HERE

Sorry but no club discounts on this item. We will match another dealers PRINTED on-line price.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
NautcaSprt6 said:
I got a question?

Can the Rear DVD Player be hooked up with TV&NAVtoGO to work with the front Navigation Screen?
In a round-about way, yes. You need to tap into the ribbon cable between the VES player and LCD screen. You can run the composite video from there up to the TVandNavtoGo unit. Doing this entails modifications to both the VES and NAV units and will obviously void the warranties. But yes, it is doable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts