Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
That's the smartest thing they could have done. There's no way they could have achieved any international penetration with the current production capacity. It also simplifies the component and feature matrix that the Brampton site must maintain. Once the 300 surge dies down at Brampton, they'll be poised to add the Charger into the mix and keep things running at full steam.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
"Chrysler Group and Magna Steyr Enter Agreement for Chrysler 300C Production

Auburn Hills, Oct 27, 2004

Graz, Austria facility to support Chrysler 300C production for markets outside of North America

Production launch targeted for second quarter 2005

Magna agreement another example of Chrysler Group's Business Model Flexibility"

Of course the Europeans get a better car than we have. The suspension will be stiffer, 155mph speed limiter, z-rated tires, three headrest in back.

Even the V6 model is called 300C in Europe.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
You guys beat me to the "punch". I spoke to my local Chrysler dealer last weekend and he told me that our 300C's will be built in Austria. Apparently the Grand Voyager we get in Australia is built there too and the dealer reckons visiting Americans pick up the specification differences and better build quality (meaning no disrespect to Canadian members) straight away.

Early advice is the Aussie specification 300C may have polished Magnum design wheels and be de-chromed, as they reckon Aussie like it like that. I like the US 300C with the chrome personally and will need to buy the deleted parts if they do go with their plan. The wheels are gonna be expensive to ship :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts