Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyones overall opinion of de badging the 300 and id there anyway to replace the chrome trim with the same color as your own vehicle. or would it just be easier to paint it

·
Registered
469 Posts
What is everyones overall opinion of de badging the 300 and id there anyway to replace the chrome trim with the same color as your own vehicle. or would it just be easier to paint it
okay well there are a million and 1 threads about side molding and badges.. so im gunna try and sum them all up here for ya.

The rear end definitely looks better debadged; however, you can not just remove the rear wing emblem, you will be left with two holes in the trunk if you do. You can however remove the rear wing and paint it to your liking and then put it back on. As for the chrome trim, are you talking about the side moldings and/or the trim around the front and rear fascias? If your car is black, the easiest/cheapest thing to do to match the trim to the car would to use TrimBrite Blackout Tape (google). If your 300 is another color i'm not quite sure if you can remove the trim or not, but if so you can have it painted to match the car.

If you bought your 300 used i'd be cautious about demolding. I was unfortunate enough to demold my used 300 and the door had been repainted and cause a whole mess of problems for me. But if you bought your car new, you will have no issues with demolding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts