Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed last night it's my clock and HVAC controls that have no back lighting anymore. I pulled the dash and checked the plugs, fine. There isn't a fuse for it, checked. The clock still runs and the HVAC controls work still, but no back light. Anyone have any ideas or have this happen to them?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yup, trunk still works. And tonight I noticed, but might be wrong, that the hazard button isn't illuminated. I can't remember if it was or not. The ESP button is but it has it's own feed. None of the fuses descriptions sound like the one except the couple I checked. I'm going to check every one next and re-check the plugs behind the dash for pinched pins or anything. Pain in the butt....

·
Registered
561 Posts
Had this happen to me, the bulbs are basically sodered onto the bezel, so they have to replace the entire thing, if it is still under warranty the dealer will replace it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's more than that unfortunately. The illumination for the clock and a/c controls is out. They feed off different plugs and all the fuses are o.k. It happened all at once which is too much of a coincidence.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

After further disassembly and testing all the bulbs for my clock, hazard button and hvac controls blew. Somehow I messed up plugging it all back in with the battery connected. That's the problem with doing multiple projects at the same time. Half my hvac lights were already dead so I can't cry too much over that one...

·
Registered
40 Posts
similar problem

It's more than that unfortunately. The illumination for the clock and a/c controls is out. They feed off different plugs and all the fuses are o.k. It happened all at once which is too much of a coincidence.

I am having similiar trouble with my 2006 300C. The following are not working:

Turn signal indicators (on the dash)
illumination for the analog clock
illumination for the a/c controls
Interior lights
trunk release.

Have checked all fuses in the front and rear fuse boxes they are all fine. Some were even the wrong fuse ampage staight from the factory according to the manual so I replaced them with the correct ones. Did the battery disconnect and still nothing. Anybody else find a solution to this or if they have taken it to the dealership what was the problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts