Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nobody will probably ever notice but I had the dealer install the factory Sirius receiver and antenna on my 2006 CSRT8.

The antenna sits about a 1/4 of an inch off center to the left. It bugs me because if I follow the AM/FM antenna center vertical grid line in the rear glass it doesn't line up with the Sirius antenna.

I could probably live with it, but it still bugs me. I may take it back to the dealer, but then again I may want to try and correct myself so it gets done right. Do you think it would work to pull the antenna and drill new hole next to the old hole and remount? I only need to move it about a 1/4 of an inch and the antenna should be big enough to remount and cover the old hole. Would this weaken that area of the roof and be more likely to leak?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If it's something simple you could do then go ahead, but if you need to pull the headliner off and all mess lthen let the dealer fix it.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
make the dealer correct its mistakes,keep an eye on the repair though

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
yeah if ya get it fixed, make sure they do a good job this time.
cuz now they are gonna have to drill another hole right next to that one or at least make that hole bigger. and that antenna is not that big.

and what dealer orders a $50,000 car without $195 satellite radio?

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
I dunno, but I ordered mine without that stupid thing ;) I am cool with satellite radio, not cool with the required black plastic turd on the roof. They make satellite radio antennas that mount to your back or front window, should've done one of those ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts