Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Debadge enquiry...........Ok it's done

Thinking of taking off the badges(& maybe the side moulds)Is this very hard to do,and what do I have to be careful of?Thanks for any help. Any opinions as to how it looks(brtter or worse)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Hi Gordy from the info I got from my previous owner he removed the side moulding with some fishing line, he wedged it between the moulding and the panel and with a sawing action cut through it, once he removed it he used WD-40 to soften the double sided take and wipe it off, the badges all came off with a thin piece of cloth placed over the top of a small screw driver and pryed them off, all my side mould are removed and every badge except the wing on the boot lid.

Doesn't look too bad, I reckon it make the car look sweet without them.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Yeah, use some fishing line or dental floss. WD40 or Citrus Oil will help soften the goo. Use a heat gun or hair dryer to soften the double sided tape which is left behind after you have got the badges and moulds off. This will enable you to progressively soften and roll of the remaining tape.

I would not recommend using a screwdriver and cloth. Use the same technique on all the badging and moulds.

Be prepared for you doors to sound like big bass drums when you close them as the moulds do hold the sheet metal taunt and without them the door metal flexes.

·
Registered
828 Posts
If you decide to remove the wing on the trunk, be aware that there are two alignment holes in the sheet metal underneath, so unless you're prepared to fill the holes and repaint, it's best to leave the wing alone.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
And it always helps the process if ya do it when the car is warm do it on a hot day or in a very warm garage as the adhesive will come off with the molding easier and thus leaving less to clean up afterwards.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The other side to this job is: If you do it and dont like it, it can be quite costly to replace them. Recently I discovered that just the short mould with the 300c badge on the front guards are about $240 each. To the best of my knowledge the old ones cant be re used.

·
Registered
317 Posts
i just finished doing it and its real simple. got it off an use goo gone. then i used some polish and finally a bit of meguiars glaze. looks amazing.

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you decide to remove the wing on the trunk, be aware that there are two alignment holes in the sheet metal underneath, so unless you're prepared to fill the holes and repaint, it's best to leave the wing alone.
had mine removed,,,, looks heaps better IMO,,,, just to let you know,,, the wings on the back came off mine and no holes underneath,, completly clean,,,, thats on the wagon tho,,,, enjoy the look if you do it,,,

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Be prepared for you doors to sound like big bass drums when you close them as the moulds do hold the sheet metal taunt and without them the door metal flexes.
Is that why it sounds like that, I always wondered why, just thought it was the car from original never seen or been in another one, now I know why, thanks mate :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok.Thanks for the info guys.Well after looking at the end result on your car WOG BOY I'm gonna do it! Will post some pics when done. Cheers Gordy.

·
Registered
841 Posts
do NOT be tempted to pick at the goo with your fingernail or a blade - the friggin paintwork comes off REAL easily!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I did it.Took all badges and side mouldings off,just left wings on.Took all the advice I recieved and used it except for getting goo off after removing badges and mouldings.What I did was dip a microfibre cloth in petrol and rub lightly over goo,came off very easily,bit of polish after that and looks good.Will post some pics tonight.
Thanks to everyone for your input.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts