Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slowly working on getting my ride to where I want it to be. Most recent modification is removing the standard Gen 1 badges and molding, and putting a Gen 2 wing badge on the rear.
After doing the trunk first, and having everything come off really easily, I was ver UNpleasantly surprised when I removed the molding from the doors. The double sided tape that held the door molding on was a ROYAL pain in the ass. Finally ended up getting a 3M eraser wheel, which I can highly recommend - finishing the removal process was a snap after that. Then worked it over with some cutting compound and finally waxed it. Came out really smooth - very happy with it.

Next mods:

- Adding eyelids
- Installing deep dish grill
- installing body kit
- finishing my painted engine cover
- installing CAI (not a readily apparent visual mod, but hey...)
- eventually, replacing head unit with a car puter (already have interface in the works for this that matches the car's interior look and feel)

- C

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
Its come up a treat and always seems to look even better on a white car when everythings removed.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Looking real good. Think about lowering your front plate to compliment your grille, you have the room. I didn't lower mine because it would cover the lower air dam on the SRT8 grille and unfortunately NY requires a front plate.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Really nice :fing02:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking real good. Think about lowering your front plate to compliment your grille, you have the room. I didn't lower mine because it would cover the lower air dam on the SRT8 grille and unfortunately NY requires a front plate.
I've thought about that, and most likely will once I get the front lip installed. Not sure what the spacing is going to be like until that's in place. Front plates are also a requirement in WA, though who knows... I may end up not putting it back on once the body kit is installed. I'm already living dangerously with my 5% tint (OBVIOUSLY also not legal LOL) so might just go all out and not run a front plate :biggrin:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the idea of a hide away plate, but the car is already pretty low as is (it's got the H&R sports kit that drops it quite a bit), and once the front lip goes on, I think I'd be leaving a trail of sparks from any license plate that tucks under the bumper. So it will probably have to go in the window.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Amazing.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
...I wish they made that darn trunk wing for the 05....:(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...I wish they made that darn trunk wing for the 05....:(
Unless the trunk on the 05 models has considerably more curve than the 08's you should be able to use a current model year trunk wing. That's what I did - this one is made for current model year 300's and it fit perfectly on my 08.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Blast from the past!

Wasn't hard to remove at all. You just use some quality fishing line. Heat up the badge a bit with a heat gun first to soften the adhesive, then pull the fishing line behind it. I had to move the line up and down as I pulled along the badge (in kind of a sawing motion). Any big pieces of adhesive that are left behind you can roll off with your thumb if you heat them up a bit. Then use adhesive remover to remove any residue left behind.
Only thing to keep in mind on the center emblem is that it pokes through the trunk lid in 2 spots (there's 2 little holes behind it). Didn't make it too difficult to take off, just something to keep in mind. All in all took less than an hour to remove them including clean up.

New one came with 3M adhesive already on the back. I just stuck it right on the trunk (after some proper measuring and marking the exact spot with painters tape - it would've driven me totally crazy if it had gotten mounted even slightly off center).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts