Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had 30 minutes to kill so I grabbed the heatgun, some goo gone, and rubbing compound and went to work. Looks great, now I just need a spoiler and some of those Varvatos tails.

·
Administrator
19,737 Posts
U 2nd gen owners are so lucky...us 1st gen owners have to deal with rear wing mounting alignment holes.

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
U 2nd gen owners are so lucky...us 1st gen owners have to deal with rear wing mounting alignment holes.
The 2011 owners still have to deal with alignment holes on the trunk lid. But us 2012 and newer owners we don't have no stinkin holes lol

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea that was the reason I waited til now to do it. I just happened to see a 2nd gen yesterday during lunch that had been debadged so I knew I was safe. Guess it's a good thing I don't have an '11, that would've been a bad day. lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow looks amazing! my next job!! Was gonna paint the wings and the 300 badge black on mine, but looks so clean with everything off!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
how are you guys removing the glue?
Straight up... goo gone & goof off both did not work hardly at all for my deck wing. I used a heat gun and worked it off with my fingers.

Reactions: therealfleen

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
I have removed countless emblems, wings etc from many of my cars as well as other members cars in our local modern Mopar club.

Heat the emblem with a heat gun to reactivate the 3M double sided tape. Then use some fishing line to saw the emblem away from the 3M tape. Then use some WD-40 and a clean towel to get the remaining 3M tape (tape residue) off the car. You will have to put a little muscle into it but the 3M will come off. I found that once the 3M is saturated with the WD-40 it makes it easier to rub/pull off with your fingers. The WD-40 is oil based and will not ruin your paints finish like goo gone can ruin a paints finish.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I only removed the '300C' emblems. I kind of like the new gen II wing look. I didn't have a heat gun available so I used a hair dryer. Then used 'Turtle Wax Label & Sticker Remover'. Spray it on, let it sit for a second, and then just wipe it all down. Also had to use that stuff for my previous 300 removing the front window tints per Michigan Law. ;)

Turtle Wax Label & Sticker Remover

As for 1st Gen... On my '06, I removed the trunk wing and replace it with the Gen 2 Wing sometime in the start of 2012 lol

Reactions: JUST KRUIZIN
1 - 20 of 33 Posts