Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from the thecarconnection.com

"Make Room for Diddy

New York is the obvious location for carmakers to hook up with business titans to promote their wares. And while Volvo's deal with Richard Branson and Cadillac's giveaway to Donald Trump gave this year's New York show an ample splash of eau de celeb, the introduction of Sean "P. Diddy" Combs' new line of aftermarket wheels showed how the new generation of mogul is doing it aftermarket-style. Combs' wheels are a new line built by Weld Wheel Industries in Kansas City, Mo. A specialty maker of custom wheels, Weld and president Greg Weld were lacking only in one thing, according to Combs: "[He's] missing a little sexy in his life," the rapper turned music and fashion mogul told press audiences. Combs, who kept the press waiting 45 minutes, was on hand for the debut of the resulting Sean John wheels, multi-spoke designs to be sold through the Sean John Web site and select retail outlets. "Wheels have become a fashion statement--a badge of taste and style," said Combs. "We see an opportunity to bring excitement to the wheel category by delivering the Sean John sophisticated design with the best quality production."

·
Registered
61 Posts
Most of those wheels look like they were made for the 300C. They seem like they would look so nice on my silver C. Anyone know how much they would cost.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
300PMP said:
Sweet wheels...can't wait for the "Diddy Burger" at McDiddy's.
What next?
"You want Fries wid dat?"

·
Registered
322 Posts
lexball50 said:
Most of those wheels look like they were made for the 300C. They seem like they would look so nice on my silver C. Anyone know how much they would cost.

A kings ransom I am sure. Jesse James' wheels were MegaBucks.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Itz important he looks good - right before heading out to the French Riviera (he's been banned from St. Barts for trashing chartered yachts, boo-hoo!)

·
Registered
54 Posts
don't want someone else NAME on my "C". Sean John shirt, shoes, underwear and
now rims. Why don't some people just tatoo other peoples names to their asses.
Sean John asswear !

Stick with the wheels and the name from which they will be made.
MHT or Giavanna or whatever company Puffy chose is the ones making the rims
and he just puts his name on them.

Just like MHT makes Foose wheels. I will say this I would have Chip Foose's name
on my rim because he is a true legend in the auto industry and not a rapper turned
ego-maniac.

Later

·
Registered
332 Posts
I dont like how he got his money and fame either. JEEZ what an *******, what is the difference between those rims and the ones on a 6 series bimmer, these just gotta lot of chrome on them. :mad: :mad:
Even people who listen to rap dont like him. EGOMANIAC.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
What mogul or business man is not a ego-maniac. Just about every automotive product is named after someone. Henry Ford, John P. Chrysler, Carl Benz, Gottlieb Daimler, John Cooper (Mini) and 10 Year old Mercedes Jellinke.

I bet some would like them idea of celebrity rims better if they said Donald Trump or something. You don't like names of people on your rims? Giovanna and Gianelle rims are named after Diko Sulahan's daughters. That makes 3 little girls on automotive products with no auto background. BTW, what auto sport or arena does Eddie Bauer compete in? :D

I am quite sure that P-Diddy is a very big auto enthusiast and his money comes from selling products and marketing in various areas including a record label.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
It's a simple-minded generalization to call someone a fool because they have "too much money" or an "a$$hole" because of their fame... you don't know the man, only the public persona. If it were your money and fame would you feel the same way?

As E55 KEV said, it's about marketing. I doubt he even had a say in which wheels were included in the 'collection' that bears his name. He may be an auto enthusiast, but the likelihood is that he couldn't cite a single fact to you about 'his' wheels if you approached him on the street.

I'm in the cosmetics/fragrance industry and it's the same there... Do you think the celebrities have any idea what ingredients are used in the products that bear their names? Or care? Their agents collect the fee and happily lend the celebrity's name to the next company willing to pay and that company passes the increased marketing cost to the consumer. It's business.... ;)

·
Registered
529 Posts
HEMEEE said:
It's a simple-minded generalization to call someone a fool because they have "too much money" or an "a$$hole" because of their fame... you don't know the man, only the public persona. If it were your money and fame would you feel the same way?

As E55 KEV said, it's about marketing. I doubt he even had a say in which wheels were included in the 'collection' that bears his name. He may be an auto enthusiast, but the likelihood is that he couldn't cite a single fact to you about 'his' wheels if you approached him on the street.

I'm in the cosmetics/fragrance industry and it's the same there... Do you think the celebrities have any idea what ingredients are used in the products that bear their names? Or care? Their agents collect the fee and happily lend the celebrity's name to the next company willing to pay and that company passes the increased marketing cost to the consumer. It's business.... ;)
I thought your car was silver!!!! Did you paint it pink???? :D

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Mikeyjohn said:
I thought your car was silver!!!! Did you paint it pink???? :D
Oh, funneee (reference to Mary K)... I said cosmetics industry, not 'rubbish' :p

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HEMEEE said:
I'm in the cosmetics/fragrance industry and it's the same there... Do you think the celebrities have any idea what ingredients are used in the products that bear their names?
Damn, I thought about this thread and the same thing yesterday when I was at the mall and saw an advertisement for NASCAR's Jeff Gordon cologne. :D I doubt there is a hater thread anywhere about that product. BTW, what does Jeff know about making a fragrance? :confused:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hey Kev, John P. Chrysler? was he Walter's brother?
About these wheels, I'm sure that I won't be spending my money on them. If a dime goes to help make P Diddy more money, forget it.
What does Jeff Gordon know about fragrance? Well he knows how to smell sweaty, I'm pretty sure about that.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Model 57 said:
Hey Kev, John P. Chrysler? was he Walter's brother?.
Thanks Model 57, I made a mistake on the first name. Maybe Walter did have a bro name John. :D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts