Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to buy my 300C AWD from a dealer approxiametly a month from tonights date.

Here is the whole scenario,
dealer: 4 miles from chrysler headquarters and researched he 3 black 300c rwd and 2 black 300c awd. This is the day after snow storm.
Went in first thing i was approached by a salesman asking me what i was looking. Lets make the story quick, I asked him if i can testdrive the 300c, Saw my chrysler badge and took a copy of my license, suprised by my age. he wouldnt let me off right away for a test drive till he confirmed my work with dcx. Got in the RWD because it was faster took for quick test run and and pushed the gas fast spin tires spun almost slipped the rear end in to a pole after hitting an ice patch and completly loosing control. Got scared this all happened at a media play parking lot. I decided to be more practical went and asked him if i can see the awd, everything good except the ugly, made the sacrifice thinking i could buy aftermarket wheels, after 45k final price with extended warranty. Same time my dealer told my pops about the srt8, he told me to get that i declined the offer and went for awd. the dealer told me he would guarantee 7 weeks delivery. because of my dcx(please dont call daimler chrysler DCM its DCX) employment. I saw TWO SRT8's one silver and one black driving around here. Now i am feeling like shit ( sorry about my french). i could have had my srt8 same price why did make a mistake like this. Even with this mistake my dealer promises to guarantee me with another 7-10 week delivery. I am expecting 7 weeks again with couple contacts and people from engineering department here. WHAT DO I DO. should i go ahead and trade in my AWD for this. I can still change my decision on this. Can some one show me the light. I feel i will go horsepower crazy if i keep thinking about this any longer.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Must be cool to see some SRT-8s on the road already.

I've got one ordered and I'm not a fan of AWD (just giving you that disclaimer). But to be honest, if I had a month old 300C sitting in my garage right now, no way would I trade it in, I'd roll with it. Also, I've never lived anywhere that has snow (moved from Southern Mississippi to Phoenix, AZ) so I'm no expert on the benefits of AWD in the slush (never needed it), but from what I've been told, it really helps. If I lived somewhere that got alot of snow, I don't think I would want this car as a daily driver, you saw what the RWD C did on a patch of ice. I'm buying this car as a weekend cruiser, and for days off, I'm not gonna use it to go to work, make runs to the store, etc. Hope this helps, and of course, it's just IMHO ;)

·
Registered
334 Posts
If you got scared on a test drive enough to make you buy an AWD, do you really need 425 horses? Not trying to be insulting, but what a 300C does on ice, an SRT-8 will do on dry tarmac.
Plus, regardless of the market, you'll loose thousands trading the car in on (slight) depreciation and taxes, plus the 8 will use more gas, plus the 8 will have higher insurance, plus the 8 doesn't have the 7/70 warranty, making your extended warranty more expensive, etc.
We're talking about a LOT of money here.
IMHO :)
RT

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Did I read that RIGHT? There is no 7/70 on the SRT-8? That's not a little scary...it's big time scary. What Warranty options are there rt4?

I can get a used Benz or BMW with an extended warranty.

What gives? :mad:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
XCITsNU said:
Did I read that RIGHT? There is no 7/70 on the SRT-8? That's not a little scary...it's big time scary. What Warranty options are there rt4?

I can get a used Benz or BMW with an extended warranty.

What gives? :mad:

You know the reason why: DC have been burned by the abuse that the average SRT customer gives their vehicle. Ya don't buy these to drive like granny - if ya do I'll buy yours when your finished with it :)

I used to be in the Ford Lightning Forum - amazing how repeatedly sadistic these guys were to their trucks - especially those who modified them. It was as if the truck spent it's whole life on the drag strip - maybe some of them did. Then they'd cry to Ford.

RT4: I'd also be interested in any factory, or alternate extended warranty info that you have on the SRT8. If you have nothing more than what's already in the forum that's cool.

XCITsNU: commiseration on your receeding delivery

Zilla

·
Registered
334 Posts
3/36 "bumper to bumper" is what is standard. I'm sure Chrysler will offer an extended warranty, but, for example, I sold an SRT-10 to a guy, and DEALER COST on his 60/100,000 mile warranty was $2,900 from DC. No idea what it will cost on the 8.
The other SRTs have the 7/70 (Viper, Ram, SRT-4). The only ones that don't are the SRT-6 Crossfire (the worst vehicle ever) and the SRT-8. I'd imagine the SRT-6 doesn't because of repair costs on an AMG motor, but I was SHOCKED that the SRT-8 doesn't.
RT

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am sorry, if u think my story is not worth while reading. If i posted in the wrong place please close this thread. i have come to a conclusion to keep my awd, it has proven to me so much last night that how great AWD can be. Snow storm doing 60 mph on streets. :D :D

The traffic is shocked.

I dont think u can pull that off in a srt8 in a snow storm. or when its wet.

·
Registered
856 Posts
300CAWD said:
The traffic is shocked.

I dont think u can pull that off in a srt8 in a snow storm. or when its wet.
I don't think I'd want to. Be careful out there....

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe i the car i am driving so and the traction control is kick ass. 4 matic is smooth the abs is amazing. brakes are so wonderful.

offtopic question:
Are the AWD Brakes better than RWD Brakes.

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
I'm guessing "Rembrant" was the one being complained of, and the moderator deleted his post. I doubt anything was wrong with your posts.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I'm glad that you decided to keep it. I think, weather you work for DC or not you were going to loose a lot on it if you traded.
Personally I don't think that I need AWD, but I live in the Seattle area, & don't see too much snow. I also am not a skier, if I got to the other side of the state, I just check for the pass conditions, & go.
At least you already have a 300C, I'm still waiting on mine.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Rembrandt said:
EDIT - Poster is being an ass.
Agreed: look at Rembrant's join date

300CAWD: Your post has value ;) and generated discussion
Cutting your teeth on the AWD and then maybe going to an SRT8 is a sound plan. Stay safe. :)

Zilla

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"Speed: " It's really about judgement and intelligence; so long as your brain can go faster than your going at any time, you're all right, and it isn't fast." - L J K Setright"

I like your sig zilla very true.

Maybe my pops need to see this and quit yelling at me for driving fast.

"I am 19 years old and quit yelling at me." Thats what i told last time he spotted me doing 80 on the streets near his place.

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
The only problem with that logic, is almost no one thinks they are driving too fast for their talent until they are (sometimes tragically) proven wrong.

I do maintain that one can drive fast without driving reckless, and one can drive reckless without driving fast.

Weaving through traffic at 80 - probably bad. Carefully making one's way through traffic, then adding some speed to close the gap before slowing for more traffic - probably not so bad.

The paradox is that in the end, no one can ever know their own limit until that limit has been exceeded. At the very least, never test this theory where anyone ELSE could pay the price for learning one's own limits.

(Just friendly words from one who once upon a time exceeded his limits, but thankfully hurt no one else)

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
JMatt said:
The only problem with that logic, is almost no one thinks they are driving too fast for their talent until they are (sometimes tragically) proven wrong.

I do maintain that one can drive fast without driving reckless, and one can drive reckless without driving fast.

Weaving through traffic at 80 - probably bad. Carefully making one's way through traffic, then adding some speed to close the gap before slowing for more traffic - probably not so bad.

The paradox is that in the end, no one can ever know their own limit until that limit has been exceeded. At the very least, never test this theory where anyone ELSE could pay the price for learning one's own limits.

(Just friendly words from one who once upon a time exceeded his limits, but thankfully hurt no one else)
Very well spoken,,,

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
wanna hear some crazy thing. my cousing 25 owns 2001 BMW 540i. he is the one that tought me how to drive. my dad still regrets to this day that why he didnt spend more time with me and regrets why he didnt teach me how to drive. My pops told me once life is not a f***ing videogame.

Cars crashed and ended up at scrap..
2003 Rental Ford Mustang
2001 Mitsubishi eclipse rental.
2000 Lexus Rx300, bumper ripped to shreds after hittin the shoulder. The car had its ass on FIRE.

My cousin took the car for a spin doing 55 miles on a 25 mph zone where the whole road is like this shape ")". I never even done that ever at that speeds before well actually i did at 45 that was i thought too fast. My jaws dropped at that speeds thinking how the car was reacting and my heart pouding what could happened to my new car. But he is pretty good driver. He drove when he was 7 years old pretty tall dude.

I would say he is the craziest car speed thrill nut on the planet. He is now married slowed down a bit but after that speeds on the turn i change my mind.

But I Killed his 540i in high way race and straight line.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
300CAWD said:
"Speed: " It's really about judgement and intelligence; so long as your brain can go faster than your going at any time, you're all right, and it isn't fast." - L J K Setright"

I like your sig zilla very true.

Maybe my pops need to see this and quit yelling at me for driving fast.

"I am 19 years old and quit yelling at me." Thats what i told last time he spotted me doing 80 on the streets near his place.

Careful with that sig there buddy ;)

It's more an insght into how my mind and Setright's work, than a rule to live (or die) by.

Keep postin' :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I like your sig also - it is an interesting observation. However, one's insight will not invalidate the laws of physics when it comes time to removing that speed if another person's brain is not going as fast as yours....

Take care

·
Registered
334 Posts
My mom always told me something, but until I started riding my motorcycle in California that I really took it to heart: "Its the other guy you gotta watch out for."
Unfortunately, theres no IQ test at the DMV.
RT

1 - 20 of 20 Posts