Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around and seen no dlr 300s. Any pics around? If not post some here I would like too see your setups! Ill post mine later on today. Thanks...Chris

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
They are rare. Scarbs has one, and hemmissey has, or more accuratey had one(is now custom painted). I love the color, but it is a B**CH to find.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Why is it so hard to find that color? What it only available like one year? I like that color but have only seen like one on the road.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Did someone mention me??

Yea I have one she is a real beatuy. I wouldn't trade her for anything.
There so rare cause there is only 3973 of them made for the year of 2005. It was a one year only color. 1641 of them are C. There are no SRT or AWD in Deep Lava.
I almost bought another one Saturday. I was going by a Chevy dealer and there was one on the lot. I didnt stop cause if i did i'd be in trouble with the wife.

Break down of Trim levels

Base model in Deep Lava Red = 719
Touring in Deep Lava Red = 1,613
300C in Deep Lava Red = 1,641

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any one with a Drl. Can ya post pics of your ride? And I was wondering how would you know if you have self leveling shocks?what year were they offered on the Cs?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can any1 answer my above. Question? And when ordering lowering kit do I specify self leveling shocks or the kits universal? How would I know if I do or don't have them

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Stan... aka Like2Race... had one also, but traded it for a CSRT8... in silver steel I believe.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
That's what I wanna do!
Oh man your going to bail on the Deep Lava Brotherhood already!

If your going to lower her you should do a whole system. Springs and Dampers. I had Eibachs springs only and the stock shocks/dampers didn't last a year. If you stay stock everything fine new springs = short lived shocks.
I went with KW V2's there hight and damping adjustable.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
That's what I wanna do!
But Stan keeps talking about "maybe" painting his CSRT8 DLR... that would be completely unique... and I'll wager... expensive!

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Chris,
Your photos are on the small side but I can see what a great job you have done on your beautiful DLR, one of my all time favorite but discontinued paint colors. Consider yourself lucky for owning one! Chrysler blew it on this color!

bruno

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Not true. I have seen an AWD one. I almost bought it.
Yea I remember your post on that and Chrysler said no.
You never really got a good look did you? If memory serves the AWD wasnt out yet.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yea I remember your post on that and Chrysler said no.
You never really got a good look did you? If memory serves the AWD wasnt out yet.
It had all of the AWD characteristics. AWD was out when I looked at the Lava one. I found it in 06 it was a used 05.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
300chick

I have to apologize i was wrong. The info I had about DLR never mentioned AWD so i assumed they didn't make them. I didn't take into account that AWD is a power-train option and probably would have just been lumped into the trim level info they gave me. I went to the real expert Resume Speed and he pointed out that AWD came out in Sept 2004 so there most likely is DLR AWD out there.

So now I have a quest I have to find a AWD Deep Lava Red.

·
Registered
156 Posts
300chick

I have to apologize i was wrong. The info I had about DLR never mentioned AWD so i assumed they didn't make them. I didn't take into account that AWD is a power-train option and probably would have just been lumped into the trim level info they gave me. I went to the real expert Resume Speed and he pointed out that AWD came out in Sept 2004 so there most likely is DLR AWD out there.

So now I have a quest I have to find a AWD Deep Lava Red.
Aww, thanks!! I really wanted that Deep Lava Red AWD C!!! But, it was in Georgia and I really didn't want to deal with shipping a car from Georgia to Maryland, where I live. I wish I still had all of the paper work on it, but I threw it out when I got my Midnight Blue AWD C. Deep Lava is still my favorite color. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts