Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We own a deep red lava 300C and love the color. Have been reading and heard from dealer when shopping, that deep red laa was being discontinued. Is this true? Should I seal this little baby in a vault and go get another one?
I have also read on the http://www.donlen.com/customer_care_nov2004.html web site that is is being discontinued. See below:

DaimlerChrysler Announces Final Order Due Dates For Certain Exterior Paints on LX Models – Final orders for the following exterior paints were due on 10/11/04 for Dodge Magnum and Chrysler 300 models.

Paint Description/Code Status
Mineral Gray/PDM Discontinued
Deep Lava Red/PMQ Discontinued
Midnight Blue/PB8 Will be available again for January 05 production
Satin Jade Pearl Coat/PP4 Will be available again for January 05 production

Is it true? Love my 300C and would not take any other color than Lava Red!

·
Registered
57 Posts
It is true! A friend of mine went to order a 300C in Lava Red last Friday and was told no more! By the way, I also have a Lava Red, love the color and would not trade :) With my new heavy mesh grill, I see many heads turning as I drive the roads

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's kinda tough to say whether or not these cars are going to be collector cars one day. First & most important factor is "supply versus demand". If more people demand them 10-20 years from now and the supply is limited, then yes, there will be a premium value put on them. Exterior and interior colors, as well as options all are deciding factors. Also, full documentation, receipts, brochures, & manuals all are factors that decide value, too. Will the discontinuation of Deep Lava Red make the 300C anymore valuable? This may have an impact, but we'd have to know for sure the production total of this color before we say so and the amount of people that are in desperate need of that particular color. I'd say, enjoy it, do your maintenance, keep it clean, and save all your paperwork.

·
Registered
51 Posts
why?

Why do you think it was discontinued? and no, I am not naive.

No orders (hard to believe, as it is quite stuning) or perhaps none shown around the dealerships, and hence no one saw it or some sort of economic gesture or what?? Or does everyone want the Vanilla (even more reason to pick a different colour)

edit...and NO disrespect mean't to Vanilla owners.... ;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
i have no idea what this guy above me ment, but if its true that sucks. i have a silver one but wanted the lava red but couldn't find any. i doubt it will make it a collector iteam, but just something for people to know what year your car is when the 2006s come out

·
Registered
134 Posts
This was the only color you had to pay extra for either $500 or $550. Maybe that is why it was one of the least popular?

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
As has been tossed around here, the biggest reason may simply be a change of paint suppliers and what they would mix.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
wait

We'll have to wait and see.
I know that from collecting other thinks in my life that a one of is better then a mass produced. :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
Dlr

I have CV however, I did originally wanted DLR but just didn't want to wait the extra cost of $150 was the more reason I wanted it I figured others would opt to pay the extra $$ which would make it rare, so those that have DLR enjoy your collector's item! :) :) It's gotta be a good feeling to say that color was available only for a limited time. I wish CV was on that list :) !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Angi300C said:
I have CV however, I did originally wanted DLR but just didn't want to wait the extra cost of $150 was the more reason I wanted it I figured others would opt to pay the extra $$ which would make it rare, so those that have DLR enjoy your collector's item! :) :) It's gotta be a good feeling to say that color was available only for a limited time. I wish CV was on that list :) !!
I can only say that I have had mine for about 1600 miles and that I love this color more every day. I would not trade it for any other. Different, distictive, and very luxorious. Glad I am one of the lucky ones.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I'm lucky twice!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've got 1 of 3 in my area with DLR. This was the " Dare to be Different" color. One of the other owners kinda breaks my heart when ever I see the car. Looks like AJAX Cleanser is the chosen car wash solution for the guy ! I don't forsee this one around representing DLR in the long run.
Just Breaks my heart, but he spent his money too. I'm sure you guys know what I'm saying !

·
Registered
207 Posts
The color is dead. Not the only color to get cut. Gold added. The color didn't sell, in my opion it had to much brown not enough red. Car didn't have eyes.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Where Are The DLR 300's

I have had my DLR 300 touring since July and in my area there are more than a hand full of 300's and Magnums but have not yet seen any other DLRs besides mine

1 - 19 of 19 Posts