Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2005 Deep Lava Metallic 300C that I bought on June 7, 2004. Shortly after that date this color was discontinued. Does anybody know the official reason Chrysler dropped the color? Is there some kind of defect with the paint or was it too expensive, etc?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
Mr. Redbird said:
I own a 2005 Deep Lava Metallic 300C that I bought on June 7, 2004. Shortly after that date this color was discontinued. Does anybody know the official reason Chrysler dropped the color? Is there some kind of defect with the paint or was it too expensive, etc?
Color did not generate enough intrest..this I was told by DSM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response. Everytime I take my deep lava metallic 300C into the dealership for an oil change they ask me when I'm going to trade it in because they have 4 people looking for a 300C in that color. I wonder if Chrysler made a mistake about d/c the color?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
Welcome to the DLR Club. I got mine about the same time as you.

Nice isnt it. I was asked if i had one repainted this custom color. Its always a hit. You dont see it evey day but i know there are 4 in my area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
Welcome to the DLR Club

Scarbrs said:
Welcome to the DLR Club. .
Definately a unique group. :friday: I love the color;or should
I say "colors",as it seems to change throughout the day.
Depending on the strength and angle of the sun
.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scarbrs said:
Welcome to the DLR Club. I got mine about the same time as you.

Nice isnt it. I was asked if i had one repainted this custom color. Its always a hit. You dont see it evey day but i know there are 4 in my area.

I have only seen 1 other DLR 300C in the past year in Jacksonville.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
Mr. Redbird said:
I wonder if there is a way we can find out how many actual DLR 300's Chrysler built?
That's an interesting thought. There's gotta be somebody out there
that knows how to obtain these facts.
Maybe an email to the "High MuckeyMuck" :hail: at DC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lik2race said:
That's an interesting thought. There's gotta be somebody out there
that knows how to obtain these facts.
Maybe an email to the "High MuckeyMuck" :hail: at DC.
Who knows...maybe 300C's in DLR will turn out to be rare like some of the Corvette combinations of the past....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Lik2race said:
Color did not generate enough intrest..this I was told by DSM

That's the reason I own two of?
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top