Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i demolded my car and joined the club. it does look alot better. i do need some help though. i still see lines where the door mold went and i cant get it to go away. i used a microfiber towel with goo-gone and it was not helping. i even tried buffing out with some wax and a buffer. any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
try using some clay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I recently demolded my '05, still had some lines after a good washing. Wash/Clay Bar/Wash/Carnuba Wax did it for me, no lines now.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome, ill clay it up and see what happens.

i also decided to tint my ride as well. i took a gamble and bought some pre-cut tint off ebay and it worked great. no cutting at all. i just copy and paste to the glass. i had issues with my rear glass so i had to rip it off. i destroyed the rear glass tint. ill just pay a shop to do my rear glass. i also messed up my 2 front ones so ill reorder them and redo them. my passenger windows turned out perfect.

·
Registered
469 Posts
ok on the demolding issue -

i had the similar problem (still have it actually), after I demolded my car, I was left with "raised" lines of what seem to be clear coat. Like I could actually run my finger against the door and feel the outline. Now I am assuming that since I bought my car used, it must of been hit on the door which I have the lines and when they redid the door they clearcoated right over the molding, thus leaving me with the raised outline. So, I took it to my uncles shop and he said they'd just have to wetsand it; however, it will not be 100%, maybe 90% he says.

now with the tinting -

I strongly suggest you get the windows professionally done. Unless you are a pro-tinter yourself, I'd definitely lay down the $200 or whatever and get it done at a local tint shop. Plus side to this is that many shops offer lifetime warranties so if your tint ever bubbles or you scratch it with your seatbelt (like I did recently), they'll re-do it for free. and I guarantee down the road that you will run into problems with your DIY tint from ebay (peeling, bubbling, fading, ect..)

hope i helped. goodluck!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah the DITY tint shop is located here in the seattle area so it is easy to find. i have always done my own tint. i have never done a rear curved window so it was a little different for me. just gotta work on it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts