Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Detailing Workshop - Any Melbourne Members interested?

Hey everyone, I spend a little time on a forum dedicated to Car Detailing - http://www.autopia.org/.

In the US Meguiars Car Care Products regularly run workshops on car detailing for Professional Details and Enthusiasts and I have approached the local Meguiars distributor here in Melbourne, Professional Detailing Supplies P/L out at Campbellfield, to see if the also conduct these workshops. They have done workshops for Car Club groups and are prepared to do a workshop for me if I can organise a group. Anyone interested?

It would be on a Saturday starting at 9:00am and finish around 1:00pm. They will demonstrate the different products, how to apply/use them, how to get the best finish and machine buffing techniques. Another benefit is, once you have been on one of these workshop you have a link into them to get special pricing and advice.

Not sure the cost, which is dependant on the number of people, but it could be <$50.00.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Hemi57, i would love to but i am in the car game myself, and Saturdays are impossible for me to take off :sigh: . That sort of thing really interests me but unfortunately i will have to say no. If it can be arranged for a night session during the week it might make things easier for me. It's very nice of you to make such an effort to organise such a thing - good on you:) .
Cheers,
Shane

·
Registered
235 Posts
i would be interested if it was at a convenient time, and place. saturday morning is ok, if i got at least a month's notice.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Once again you've gone above and beyond Hemi57. Thanks for your efforts. Count me in. Just let me know when and where

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would be interested.

Is the shop do Meguiars products only? I was thinking to polish and wax using the Zaino products because I heard many good things and saw many very good pics after the use of the Zaino.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bezita, yeah, they only do Megs but you would get to see the techniques that would work for any product.

From what I read on Autopia, Zaino is hard to beat. Top stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, it appears the starters for this are:
Domenic
Spock1
Bezita
Arnold (who PM'ed me)
My Nephew Ben (HSV GTS)

The date I have picked is Saturday 6th May as they are booked out by Car Clubs for many of the days between now and then and I wanted to avoid the GP and long weekends/Easter. Hey maybe I will have the SRT by then too :D

Arnold if you can get a couple of your mates to come along it will reduce the individual cost. The bottom line cost is $200 for the group so if we have 5 attendees it will be $40 each. If we get a couple more the individual cost comes down.

·
Registered
235 Posts
6th may sounds fine by me. i likely won't have my car by then, but hey my wife will love her jeep getting a little tlc.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Hemi57, that date WOULD have been perfect for me. I'm on holidays but just remembered i have my girlfriends sisters wedding that day:pat: ! Oh well, i guess i will just have to miss out this time. I'm spewing because it would have been a great chance to meet you guys. Maybe next time.
Thanks anyway for making the effort of organising it.
Cheers,
Shane

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hemi57 that date is fine with me

·
Registered
50 Posts
That date is fine with me. Btw, I'll try to bring my mate along, he just got brand new STI.., I think he'll definately interested.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
New300c, yep no worries, come along.

The list is now:

HEMI 57
Domenic
Spock1
Bezita (maybe with a +1)
Arnold (+2)
Ben (Nephew with HSV GTS)
New300c

I will post the details close to the date - 6th May.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Arnold, thanks for prompting me in the "Car Spotting" thread to bring the Detailing Workshop up to the front page again.

Yep, still booked for Saturday 6th May. If any of the new members on the Forum are interested let me know as we can probably squeeze in an extra or two.

I will have SRT 61 there for all to see too (all things being equal that is).

·
Registered
167 Posts
Add me to the list - I'll probably have my car by then but if not then one of the others can go along for an outing.

I've attended these before and they are well worth the time for anyone sitting on the fence wondering - there's always something to be learnt even for those of us who write tech articles about car care!

Cheers
Russ

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll get the address posted when I am in the office next (Tuesday). I don't have the details at home unfortunately, but no big deal as it is still a few weeks away.

Russ, thanks for your comments and yes please come along.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hey John, was this a morning or afternoon thing?

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Domenic, Spock1, Bezita, Arnold (+ friends) & MrVelvet, I have you listed as attending this workshop.

Time/Day/Date: 9:00am Saturday 6th May 2006
Location: Professional Detailing Supplies 43B Nathan Drive Campbellfield
Detail Expert: Wayne Smith 0418 990 252

Can you all confirm you are still going to attend.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts