Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Just wondering if there is anyone on the forum who has insulin dependent diabetes.
I have had type two diabetes for the last 13 years (controlled by medication), but will soon be going onto insulin which will affect my insurance.
Was wondering how that is likely to affect my premium.
Stay safe, stay home (or in your beloved car!)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, definitely!
There is a list of 'notifiable' conditions. Some are notifiable by the person themself and some have to be notified by the doctor to the driving standards agency.

It is the up to the person to notify his/her insurance company. Failure to do so, invalidates the policy.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Holy mother of pearl. That is positively chilling.

The only "notifiable condition" we have here in the Colonies is epilepsy, which a physician is required to report to the licensing agency, and is none of the insurer's business, thanks to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act's Privacy Rule.

Well, best of luck with your inquiry. I'm off to light a candle and give thanks to my favorite diety for HIPAA.

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Hiyah, any news on your car insurance premium and whether going onto insulin affected your premium?

If they do, I personally think its out of order for insurers to tax people like this!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know yet. Not on insulin just yet. Due to covid everything is moving much slower. I have a blood test on Wednesday, but don't expect to hear for another fortnight after that.
Then another appointment to be shown how to administer the insulin.
I suspect that I will find out then if they notify the DVLA or if I have to do that. And then the insurance... :mad:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, the results are in!
I am now on insulin.
Have informed the insurance company, which, to my surprise did not up the premium. Nor did they charge for changing the details on the policy.
The DVLA has put me on a three year medical licence.
So, all good for now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been a type 1 diabetic for 26 years and it has never affected my insurance premium. The thing that gets on my nerves is only having a 3 year license and not being able to drive a vehicle over 3500kg (but can tow a trailer up to 3500Kg)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts