Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i've been holding off on downloading the newest 9r version because 8r20 shifted so firm/crisp i didn't want to loose that. Well today i said WTF and went to the 9r04. Made some tweeks and did a test run, shifted same as 8r20 so i was relieved there. Went to paddle hold mode 1, shifted same as the regular 93 perf cai, no hold. Went to mode 2, no hold, but wouldn't rev past about 5500rpm before it would force a shift... that one sucked. Went to Mode 3 and i noticed it acted like the stock SRT program. i actually had (5) on the autostick before going to D and wouldn't downshift to say 2nd if you were at 50 and hit the gas in autostick 4. So far so good, Held in 1st and hit the loud pedal, it shifted to second, bummer, But, mode 3 felt the best and i like the stock benefits and it shifts like a mothafuker!!

I'm happy with the 9r software but still waiting on a Paddle Hold feature to work!

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
So, i've been holding off on downloading the newest 9r version because 8r20 shifted so firm/crisp i didn't want to loose that. Well today i said WTF and went to the 9r04. Made some tweeks and did a test run, shifted same as 8r20 so i was relieved there. Went to paddle hold mode 1, shifted same as the regular 93 perf cai, no hold. Went to mode 2, no hold, but wouldn't rev past about 5500rpm before it would force a shift... that one sucked. Went to Mode 3 and i noticed it acted like the stock SRT program. i actually had (5) on the autostick before going to D and wouldn't downshift to say 2nd if you were at 50 and hit the gas in autostick 4. So far so good, Held in 1st and hit the loud pedal, it shifted to second, bummer, But, mode 3 felt the best and i like the stock benefits and it shifts like a mothafuker!!

I'm happy with the 9r software but still waiting on a Paddle Hold feature to work!

Good post. Love when people post about tinkering...the best way to learn.

Thanks Extreme!

·
Registered
534 Posts
The 07 TCM has been problematic for DiabloSport. Their owner is working on a complete TCM overhaul program thats supposed to work for all 05-08s, and in the meantime I've been working with Johan at DS to try and get the shifts right with the current TCM setup.

·
Registered
931 Posts
is there somewhere you can find a description of what the different modes are supposed to do?? so far i have only used mode 1. it shifts hard, but it goes to limp mode if you hit the limiter when in autostick. and it seems like sometimes, it will shift on its own if you hit the limiter, othertimes it wont.

i want it to just hold the rpm's when you hit the limiter. not drop half your power.

·
Registered
288 Posts
is there somewhere you can find a description of what the different modes are supposed to do?? so far i have only used mode 1. it shifts hard, but it goes to limp mode if you hit the limiter when in autostick. and it seems like sometimes, it will shift on its own if you hit the limiter, othertimes it wont.

i want it to just hold the rpm's when you hit the limiter. not drop half your power.
According to what DS has stated, Mode 1 vs. 2 etc. are various versions of their attempts to get the shifting to work. If 1 doesn't work for you, try 2, etc. There is some mapping between the modes and year/tcm flash but I don't know what that is.

LXForums has a DS forum that the Diablo techs frequent. You could ask them directly there.

jimt

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
what is the paddle hold feature?

·
Registered
668 Posts
9r04 is great ... I have it on my 06 300C and the shifting is awesome ... I noticed that they have several modes for the gear shifting! does anyone have any idea what is the difference between these modes ?

·
Registered
931 Posts
According to what DS has stated, Mode 1 vs. 2 etc. are various versions of their attempts to get the shifting to work. If 1 doesn't work for you, try 2, etc. There is some mapping between the modes and year/tcm flash but I don't know what that is.

LXForums has a DS forum that the Diablo techs frequent. You could ask them directly there.

jimt
right on. ill just try running through the different modes. and see which one works best for me.

the shifting was perfect for me in the original tune on the predator release. but i guess others were having problems.

·
Registered
931 Posts
what is the paddle hold feature?
on the 2007 cars. or if you get the trans flash TSB. the car will shift on its own at redline, when you are in gear select mode instead of drive. the paddle hold is just like the stock 06 cars. it stays in whatever gear you have selected.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
on the 2007 cars. or if you get the trans flash TSB. the car will shift on its own at redline, when you are in gear select mode instead of drive. the paddle hold is just like the stock 06 cars. it stays in whatever gear you have selected.
oh ya i have that flash, so its like the opposite of it?

·
Registered
931 Posts
oh ya i have that flash, so its like the opposite of it?
so if you have the flash on your 06 car. cant you tell the difference?? diablo will give you back the ability to hold gears again. instead of the rans shifting on its own at redline.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
so if you have the flash on your 06 car. cant you tell the difference?? diablo will give you back the ability to hold gears again. instead of the rans shifting on its own at redline.
i have version 8 on my car not 9, when i select the auto stick option i put stock. i dont think i use the stick enough to know either way but when i use it ive never had it shift up on its own just down...

·
Registered
931 Posts
but when i use it ive never had it shift up on its own just down...

then im sorry to say. but you dont drive your car hard enough :pat:

now get out there and push that b!tch to redline for a change. trust me, it is begging you. :)

or else head over to the dealer, hand in your testicles and your keys. and pick up a V6.

i hope you can take a joke.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
then im sorry to say. but you dont drive your car hard enough :pat:

now get out there and push that b!tch to redline for a change. trust me, it is begging you. :)

or else head over to the dealer, hand in your testicles and your keys. and pick up a V6.

i hope you can take a joke.
not a fan of the fake stick, just never use it

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
padddleeee

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
An 05/06 tcm without the flash will enable you to paddle hold on 07+ srt8's. I have it installed on mine and works as it should. It will not change up gears unless I selct it too.

·
Registered
931 Posts
An 05/06 tcm without the flash will enable you to paddle hold on 07+ srt8's. I have it installed on mine and works as it should. It will not change up gears unless I selct it too.
the only problem, is the lag from 1-2 shift. my car would bounce off the rev limiter for almost 4 full seconds before shifting sometimes.

thats why i just got the flash done. and then got a diablo. now the car shifts, when i tell it to. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
I never experienced the lag with the 1-2 shift. Actually upon installing the earlier tcm into my 07 SRT8, the shifts actually became faster. Is it possile the Diablo tune counter acts that? This was running r18

1 - 20 of 21 Posts