Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has an 06 300c srt-8 and recently had the diablo computer installed. He went to the track last Friday and ran a best et of 13.15 and mph was 103. His previous best was 13.22 and mph was the same. So he didn't get much and i told him i wouild check on the forums to see if anyone has any advice and/or knows any "trickery" with tuning these things. Perhaps something is not quite right? He has a cold air/intake, throttlebody with spacer, and esp mod from GSM. Appreciate any input on this. Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
In order to make a comparison like this, EVERY other variable would have to be controlled.... air temp and air humidity the obvious major ones. And weight in the car (extra person on any runs?).

What was the air temp/humidity for first run vs. latest run? If they varied by even a small margin (10 degrees and/or 10% humidity) that can have a real effect....

What was reaction time in each case? This is being subtracted when you compare runs, right?

Even the amount of fuel in tank... 19 gallons weights 170 lbs, vs. almost empty tank... that will make a diff...

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
did you raise his rev limiter and shift points?

Great question!:fing02:

My dad has an 06 300c srt-8 and recently had the diablo computer installed. He went to the track last Friday and ran a best et of 13.15 and mph was 103. His previous best was 13.22 and mph was the same. So he didn't get much and i told him i wouild check on the forums to see if anyone has any advice and/or knows any "trickery" with tuning these things. Perhaps something is not quite right? He has a cold air/intake, throttlebody with spacer, and esp mod from GSM. Appreciate any input on this. Thanks.
They are too many variables to compare on different track days. What you should have done was return the car to stock and have another pass on that same day.

We on the board can help you with setting up the diablo. What mods does your dad have and what did you install from the diablo (tune and settings)?

·
Registered
534 Posts
We need to see a log before we help with anything. I'd be more then willing to bet the car is knocking, so more then likely more fuel and less advance are needed.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
We need to see a log before we help with anything. I'd be more then willing to bet the car is knocking, so more then likely more fuel and less advance are needed.

That is a possibility but like you stated it's all speculation without a log.

·
Registered
376 Posts
What were the sixty-foot times for each run? That's another place to find the differences.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Yesterday I took my car into the dealer so I removed my diablo tune. I hate my car without it! I have a gtech timer and am .5 sec slower 0-60 without the diablo tune. I have a cai, exhaust and tstat. I also had my diablo dyno tuned to my car and picked up 40 rwhp. I actually lost a couple of hp with the diablo canned tune, but the shifts were better.

I spent $125 to have the dyno/tune done and it was worth every penny. I even posted my custom settings and another member tried them and hated them. Every car is different, fuel is different, mods are different so it has to be done specifically to your car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all for replying, this is all great info. i will probably tell him to take it to a dyno where they can tune right there. And i will def. find out if he had the rev limiter and shift points raised. Thanks again guys! Chris

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
did you raise his rev limiter and shift points?
I just checked with my dad and he answered no to raising the rev limiter and shift points. He would like to know what he should turn them up to? Can he go to 6300-6400 safely on the shifts? eliminate the rev limiter completely? Appreciate your input.

·
Registered
675 Posts
rev limiter can not be tooken away just raised very highly probably speeds you couldnt reach on track or road....and i believe revs are 6000 or 7000

1 - 12 of 12 Posts