Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys

I have 300c SRT8 with afe intake and zoomers exhaust. I also have diablosport trinity, and I was thinking of installing one of the canned tunes, but they reduce the ESP and I don't want that. I don't want it to affect the ESP.

Is there any way I could modify these canned tune so they don't affect the ESP??

Thanks all

·
Administrator
19,626 Posts
The canned tunes do not affect the ESP. It stays on if you don't turn it off via a tuning option in the tool. The canned tunes leave it alone. There's no reason to modify the canned tune but you may want to modify it for fan temperature settings, idle speed, tire sizes, etc...

We have a pretty extensive Knowledge Base here on the DS products that may be helpful to you and you can find it here:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/tu...es/96284-predator-knowledge-base-how-tos.html

What you may experience is that you may trip the ESP light once in a while if you get on it hard enough. The ESP is still working and by showing the light, it's just telling you that you've used it a little bit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you for your reply.

You're right the canned tunes would leave the ESP on, but they would reduce it a great deal. You may not notice the difference unless you have ultra smooth roads. We here have these ultra smooth roads in KSA. These roads do not suite SRT8 because they are sooo freerkeb slipary that if turn the traction control of & lunch the car from a dead stop it will slip until it reaches over 100 mile. Some times it will change from 1st to 2nd and then to 1st because although the wheels are speeding up but the vehicle actuall speed is way less than the spinning tires speed. The same happens with 2bd and 3rd.

Because we have these roads and despite the fact that they maybe fun some time but is not possible to have a car that slips all the time!!

I talked to Diablosport and they have confirmmed that canned tune would reduce ESP, but they didn't offer any suggestions..... I hope you guys will!!

·
Administrator
19,626 Posts
Your HP and torque are increased with a tune which tends to engage ESP as you experience more traction problems.

There are not user selectable features to change this on the tool. My suggestion to you is not to buy one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Maddog

My problem is the ESP does not engage as it used to. Now it allows me to spin the tires a lot ... When it engages it engages weakly.. Exactly like when the ESP is partially disabled... I'm %100 sure it's nothing to do with HP increase.

You my notice it on normal roads but with our roads which some how looks like mirrors and which you see the lights reflections on them (not a good thing in any way).

Diablosport told there tunes reduce traction ... And I'm wondering what to change to make the traction or ESP works as it normally does without the tune.....

Thanks all

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
Sorry, Dog, but the Diablo canned tunes DO affect ESP. Rather dramatically.

All the OP needs to do is contact Johan at Diablosport and have him write a custom tune for you to your specs. Simple and cheap, too.

Reactions: FASTINFLORIDA

·
Administrator
19,626 Posts
aw dang it...and here I thought I had a high HP car that defeated the stock ESP when I got on the throttle hard.

I guess having Johan doing some tuning or tweaking to the ESP settings might help but if even stock traction is a problem, why bother?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks stevesrt8, I'll try to contact john, but I thought someone would let us know to tweak it a little so it won't affect the ESP. Do you know for how much would John do this?

Maddog, you've been tricked. It's one of diablosports tricks to make you feel the car is more powerful. And of the stupidest tricks which affect the driving quality and make look 17.

I tuned my car a longtime ago, and then I felt it's not drivable ..... it spun the tires even when I pressed the pedal slightly ..... and it did not recognize a gradual acceleration ..... it made either go vey fast or stay slow as turtle ....... so I decided it's not good ..... and went back to stock.

will now I have installed Zoomers I thought it's my be necessary to gain some power from the exhaust.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Are you still running the oem tires?

If you are, your issue may be solved when you switch to wider, grippier tires on the back wheels.

These cars, even in factory tune, have gobs of torque.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I'm still running the original tires. I may go wider in the future but how wide do you suggest?

Now with stock tune the car could burn its tires when the ESP is partially or completely off. But when the ESP is on it control the car by applying the breaks as well as by reducing its power... Which is very good when we're not playing around... And when you want to play you could either turn the ESP either partially or completely.. With DiabloSport however the ESP is reduced and ON = partially off and Partially Off = %80-90 off .... Let's find a way around it!!!

Sent from iPhone

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
there are wide!! so there 275x45x20?

tires get worn quickly .... even wider tires will get slippery over a short period of time especially with smooth roads. That's whey I need the ESP. I tried my car with good new (sticky) roads and without ESP the car can barely slip... so nice.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
there are wide!! So there 275x45x20?

Tires get worn quickly .... Even wider tires will get slippery over a short period of time especially with smooth roads. that's whey i need the esp. I tried my car with good new (sticky) roads and without esp the car can barely slip... So nice.
275 / 35 / 20 . . . Click on video 1 in my sig and you can see my SRT8 on a wet race track easily passing other competitors - with no wheelspin . . .

·
Administrator
19,626 Posts
275/45x20 here and I know it's not a trick. I went from 356 RWHP stock to 378 RWHP with the Predator and just a shade over 411 RWHP with the CMR tune. All dyno measurements made on the same dyno and very similar environmental conditions.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Get better tires. That will help more then anything else. I had a similar issue. Changed my tires & it went away. 255-45-20 all around.
I currently drive when it's not raining with the ESP partially off. Lets me control the car better.

My question would be why do you need the ESP so much? I'm not following? Many cars do not have it & people have lived this long. Improve your driving & driving for the road conditions & rely less on some computer intervention.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Strange how the subject has changed from ESP to tires. Better tires = better grip ... But ESP has a different form of grip ... & tries wont substitute ESP. I'm sure we need both ESP & good tires. In fact, ESP would make tries stay in a good shape for longer.

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
I can't stand any computer interference with the traction control. Matter of fact I have a Johan performance tune that all but eliminates it without pressing any buttons. It keeps the stability and braking part of the ESP of course because that is safe, beneficial and has saved my a-- a few times now. I guess after growing up with RWD cars that had this sort of power in the Midwest I have no problem keeping the performance tune in even in the MN winters.

You just need to calibrate that right foot to not allow wheel spin unless you really want it. But it is very possible. Save the brakes for stopping only!

For the question above on costs, his labor is given for donations as far as I understand it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts