Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you select a performance tune does the Predator also alter the TCM settings? Or is it just PCM?

I know you can make changes to the TCM. The question is does it change anything on the TCM without going in to change those settings.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yes, it does. The torque management is changed, which affects the tranny shifts. I'm working with Johan at DiabloSport right now to try and get the tranny settings right. He's sent me a bunch of tunes to try and I send him back feedback on each. Hopefuly we'll get the perfect tune out of all this work and pray it works on all years. The 07-08s seem to be more problematic then other years.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike.

I have a stage 2 TCM in mine and I didn't want the Predator to touch it. When I flashed I used the stock TCM and then switched to the stage 2.

Sounds like I'll have to flip back and forth to avoid any changes to the upgraded TCM.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Yes, it does. The torque management is changed, which affects the tranny shifts. I'm working with Johan at DiabloSport right now to try and get the tranny settings right. He's sent me a bunch of tunes to try and I send him back feedback on each. Hopefuly we'll get the perfect tune out of all this work and pray it works on all years. The 07-08s seem to be more problematic then other years.
lets hope you get it right,since the newer versions(9 series)the tranny shifts are crap,they are so soft compared to the old versions(8)I wish i had never upgraded,(read downgraded to version 9)I am certain I am not alone with this issue so please help us get it back,surely someone can re-write the old settings back into the programme:sasmokin:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I think Johan has almost given up. He hasn't sent me anything new to try in almost a week. I'll email him tonight and see whats going on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts