Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed 91 cai octane tune today with my diablo and I felt the huge difference with the kn cai and flowmaster catback system (which i have an extra one for sale ) american thunder its called and i must say the 91 tune with 93 is insane my car feels insanely rich

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As per diablo if you change your t stat to the 180 you need to change your fan settings to 20 degrees lower in each category under fan settings

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
Note: This is the Predator menu tree but may be similar to other DiabloSport menus.

Plug in the programmer, choose Performance Tunes > Diablo Tunes > (the tune you loaded) > Modify Tune > Modify Parameters > scroll down to Transmission.

The Transmission Menu offers several adjustments all of which are also available from the Quick Adjust Menu.

The first entry, Autostick Auto Upshift let’s you select whether your trans will shift up to the next gear at the shift point in Autostick mode, or not shift up unless in regular Drive mode. This can be helpful for Road Course cars, allowing you to “overrun” a gear before decelerating into the next turn. It can also stop those embarrassing up shifts in a burnout causing a bog. Keep in mind you will be bouncing off the rev limiter if you do not manually up shift, once this feature is disabled, when in Autostick mode. There are a few selections here, all designed to achieve the same goal. You will have to experiment with each one and try it to see what works for you.

The Reset TCM (Transmission Control Module) Adaptation item will clear all transmission adaptives / whatever your trans has learned about your driving habits, and with the increased power provided by installing a Predator Tune, this is highly recommended. Coupling this with increased shift firmness is like having a new car.

Next entry is the Shift Firmness item, where you can select Increased, Stock or No Change to how hard your car grabs the next gear. Choosing Increased will tighten up your shifts by a set amount that Diablosport felt was safe for your car.

Your trans Shift Points can be adjusted from the next menu, offering Raised, Stock, No Change or Stock, 6000, 6400 entries depending on your firmware version. Once again, the shift point offerings allow you great control so choose wisely here. Diablosport is not responsible if you scatter your stock motor with 6400 rpm shift points! Making a few dyno pulls or ET runs could be very helpful here, to determine if your car is shifting at the optimal rpm and if you are even making any power up there!

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
That's almost correct but since you can set your fans almost anywhere you please, a little deviation from those settings is OK. Just depends on how much you want your fans to run.

·
Registered
427 Posts
thank you i read it still hard cause the 1000 is different then predator i dont know what else to do
Do you have the I-1000 or the T-1000 (intune or trinity)? Both have the same functions of the predator. Also, the 93 won't throw codes, its that some people find it can cause some short term knock. If knock is detected, timing will be pulled and power will be reduced slightly.

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
It may be hard to read but it is what the programmer menus will lead you through to get to the quick adjust tunes. I'd start with that section as it's the easiest to manage.

Fan temps

Shift points

Shift firmness

Those are the basic tuning changes you can make from the Quick Adjust menu.

Next is all about custom tunes. Those tunes are built for your car after you datalog.

It's not easy and the menus are not simple nor are they intuitive but if you read those articles in that link you'll get there. There's no easy way around it as you are the one that has to push the buttons and navigate the menus.

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
Yeah, it's not easy but the instructions are written so that you can follow the menu trees to each part of the program. It's not like bringing up a video game on a console.

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
I agree with that advice ^^^

Throttle Booster is also a fun parameter to play with. It really doesn't boost your throttle, but it effectively "shortens" the throttle, so makes it feel a bit more jumpy.

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
^^^^ Your ^^^^ mods won't necessarily dictate what program adjustments you should do. In fact, start with a 91 octane tune already in the tuner and keep 91 or better octane fuel in the car.

As I mentioned earlier, the most common tune adjustments made are in the Quick Adjust menu AFTER you load a standard tune.

1. Fan temperatures - you need a 180 deg thermostat installed.
2. Shift points - easier to do when you know where the car makes it's highest HP at Wide Open Throttle (WOT) and that's normally done on a dyno
3. Shift firmness - 3 options to choose from

You HAVE to follow the instructions just as they are written in those links posted earlier. If you don't, you risk wiping your car's computer. Some options for one on one help are to find a tuning shop in your area that has been trained by DiabloSport or a member of this forum who lives nearby to load your programmer and adjust the tunes.

We all had to figure this out and follow the instructions to get what we needed. It isn't written any clearer anywhere else than in those instructions and, yeah, they are NOT simple.

You can also call the Tech Line at DiabloSport.They are super helpful and can walk you through it.

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Sure you can. Throttle booster isn't dependent upon any particular mod. Truth is that it really doesn't do much except "shorten" your gas pedal. Think of it this way - if you push the throttle down one inch, let's say that sends 25% percent of potential throttle to the motor. After increasing the throttle booster, one inch of throttle sends say 35% to the motor. So there's no real "boost", but it can feel that way since you don't have to press the pedal as much to open the TB as much. If that makes sense. ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: MADDOG

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Omg what did i do wrong u0101 code

I went to the car and was adjusting parameters and i went up to 6200 rpm shift point and i increased firmness and i got this error code please help i dont know what to do i have the i1000 diablo

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
Good catch, Kyle. I had forgotten about the throttle booster. My early CROM file in my Predator doesn't have that option and I don't need it with the CMR tune in any event.

Nice catch.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I went through my Predator menus and didnt see any option for throttle adjustment. Where is it?

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
I went through my Predator menus and didnt see any option for throttle adjustment. Where is it?
I'll check in a minute.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts