Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You would not think this question should be so hard to find an answer to, but it is!

I own a 2013 Chrysler 300c 5.7L Hemi, and I just need to know what Model/Part Number fits this vehicle??

I have googled this question every which way but loose, and still cannot find any information on my 2013 300c in regard to what DiabloSport Catch Can Model/Part Number fits my ride! I thought I had remembered a Rep at DiabloSport telling me a while back that he thought it was the C1040 that fit the 2013 Chrysler 300c, but I cannot confirm this!

Anyone know what Model/part Number fits a 2013 Chrysler 300c 5.7L Hemi??

Thanks!

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
There isn't a specific one for our cars if you shop the Billet Technology website.

Diablosport doesn't even list a catch can on their website anymore. Not sure why. The C1040 was marketed as a catch can for the 5.7K HEMI in the Ram trucks. They do seem to be listed at several aftermarket specialty stores such as Jegs, PUR Performance, etc.... The pricing is atrocious.

At Billet Technology you either get one with a Z bracket or you don't. You can get hoses with different covers, different elbow connectors, etc... The base catch can kit is $95 and there are quite a few colors available.

For instance, the one linked below will fit any year 300 with a HEMI:

Oil Catch Can Custom Billet Parts and Accessories for Challenger Charger Magnum 300 Grand Cherokee SRT

I have one of their black anodized units with custom engraving:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DiabloSport stopped producing/selling their Catch Cans a couple of years ago now. This is one of the reasons its getting more difficult to find information on specific models of their Catch Can, and the other is the outrageous price tag they are trying to fetch for them.
Your right, most info that can be found is for the Ram Truck, and not the Chrysler 300c!
MADDOG, what year is your 300c, and is it an SRT? Which Catch Can do I need for my 2013 Chrysler 300c 5.7L Hemi? With or without the Z Bracket, or without the Z Bracket??
I really like your Can! I don't have an SRT, but it looks very nice!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Billet Technology has different options for engraving. Here is mine with their standard logo and the Z bracket:

Reactions: H3MI8U

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
My car is a 2006 and, yes, it is an SRT. I would not be using SRT labeled parts on it if it wasn't.

Any of Billet Tech's catch cans will fit your car. The page I linked above is from their 2011+ year car accessory web page.

I prefer to mount them near the power center/fuse box with the Z bracket. It makes it easier to access when it comes time to empty it.

When you get the kit from Billet Tech they have the required length hoses & fittings to make up a complete package.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks MADDOG, I was on Billet Technology earlier and pretty much know what I'm gonna order! Their Website does state that you cannot use the Z Bracket of you have your Engine Cover on, which I do. So it looks like i will use the Standard mount. I think this is the same company that made DiabloSport's Catch Cans!?!

Also, didn't mean to offend you about the "SRT Question". I was more asking and assuring that the Catch Can in the Photo would fit mine as well being that it was on a SRT! LOL

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I guess they don't make these standard from Chrysler to avoid one less maintenance item.

Am I correct in understanding that the stock vapors normally just re-condense into the engine like in the old days? They say this isn't good over the long haul for this type of engine. A part like this seems critical for long term reliability.

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
The crankcase vapors are blown back into the intake via the outlet on the left side of the engine.

Given that the vapors are full of lightly misted oil, all that carbon fouls the throttle body, the inside of the intake manifold and eventually enters the combustion chambers.

Once there it will deposit on the valves creating hot spots and pre-detonation in some cases. You can also have fouled plugs and carbon deposits left on the top of the pistons. Those hydrocarbons will exit the combustion chamber and may find their way to the O2 sensors and catalytic converters, eventually causing failures there.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had a 74 Chevy years ago that had a PCV tube going into the air cleaner. The car had a ton of miles on it so with such worn rings and valve guides, the fumes coming out of that PCV tube were pretty bad. By the time I owned the car it was impossible to keep the damned air cleaner free of oil for more than a week. Eventually I got rid of the PCV and the tube going to the air cleaner and put a cheap breather into the hole where the PCV valve used to be. It was either that or rebuild the engine - not in my budget at the time.

I never even heard of a catch can back then but I could see the need for it on an older, worn out car. What surprised me a bit was given the sensitivity of newer direct injected engines to vapors like you describe, manufacturers still don't put catch cans on the car. They probably figure that by the time it's critical to have one the car is so far out of warranty they don't care anymore. But that's just me being cynical.

It still stands to reason that keeping extra crud away from the injectors would be a good idea.

The guy
suggests that some types of engines (ours?) should always have them.

EDIT: Turns out he is talking about our engine, the 5.7 anyway. It is GDI. Listed as one of the ten best GDI engines when it first came out by this greenie group.

I just installed the Billet Technologies can on my car (yes it took this long to get it from them). It's well made and should last the life of the car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
This is what about 2k worth of mostly highway miles produced since installing the can (image here - I can't get it to show up in the forum).

There is not really enough oil to do a lab analysis on the sample, but does the amount seem about normal given the use?

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
This is what about 2k worth of mostly highway miles produced since installing the can (image here - I can't get it to show up in the forum).

There is not really enough oil to do a lab analysis on the sample, but does the amount seem about normal given the use?
I had about 1&1/2 ounces after 3000 miles, so it looks normal to me.

Reactions: 1stTimeHemi
1 - 12 of 12 Posts