Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For any of you with the DiabloSport Predator or looking to get it:

I just got off the phone with Derek over at D'Agostino Racing. I have 2 friends who take their car there & I asked him about custom tuning for the Mopars. Up until a week ago he hadn't gotten the software for tuning Mopars. He would look the software up & also talk to Diablo Sport. So today he called me & he talked to Diablo sport, and they are sending him the Custom tune software to do Mopars. These guys are one of the best at Ford & GM tuning around! On our challenge days if you walk the Mustangs & Lightnings you will see that a LOT of them were done by D'Agistino. So Feb 14th I am penciled in to be the 1st custom tune done by them on a Mopar. I only have bolt-on's so we will see what they can net me. But for all of you with heads, cams,& nitrous you should really think about taking it there once they tune my car. I know I am looking to do headers & a cam at the end of '08 & when I do I will be taking it there for the work & tune. Now if they do a bad job or I have a lot of problems, I wont be reccomending them or taking my car back there. But these guys have a great track record, so I am willing to bet that they will be adding a whole bunch of Mopars to their list.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Good to hear, after searching all over for a tuner for the Mopars, I was getting frustrated thinking of going to the Tampa area.

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
513 Posts
Good to hear...keep us posted. Will diablo custom tune if you have one of their predators? If not I'm wondering who they'd recommend for a good CMR for mopars in our area?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to hear...keep us posted. Will diablo custom tune if you have one of their predators? If not I'm wondering who they'd recommend for a good CMR for mopars in our area?
I'll keep you guys posted. I'm hoping to get another 15 hp out of it. But we'll see. I know they will be good for tuning when I get headders & a cam, but we'll see what they can do with bolt-ons. I'm gonna have to change my date to the 15th though. I forgot about 2/14, Valentine's day... doesn't every guy?

Yes, Diablosport will custom tune your car if you want. How much, i do not know. For me they are 45mins away so thats a little to far to keep going back to. I like D'Agostino because of how they took care of my friends cars', they are right off either the FL Turnpike or I-595, & they are 5mins from my house. But I will(maybe you 2 can too) call Diablosport and ask them for a few really good CMR tuners for mopars here in broward county. They might mention D'Agostino because they just worked with Diablo to get the Mopar CMR tuning. Plus they have been working with Diablo for years with mustangs, lightnings, & chevys. I would also like to ask Diablo what they think of D'Agostino Racing in general & if they are a good tuner company. I'll keep you informed. You 2 should also call.

RC get that grille installed yet? I didnt get a chance to walk towers so I didn't get to see your car, where was it parked?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Good deal...keep us posted.

I'm going to chat with Johan at Diablo. My car was used as an 07 beta and remember them telling me that from here on out I'd be good with the tunes that get released and that I wouldn't need to bring in until I went with cams/heads.

Maybe since then and with some of the reported CMR gains on stock srt8's they may reconsider?

If I can get another 15 RWHP out of a CMR tune then I think its worth it. Diablo is 20 minutes from me since I'm up in Boynton so I'll probably just use them if Johan says its worth it?

I'll also ask him to recommend some tuners in Broward for the LX's

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any news, did you call?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yeah...I spoke to Johan. He said that he still firmly believes that with bolt on adds...such as my (CAI) he does not think getting a CMR would get me any additional gains. He reiterated until you start messing with heads/cams is when you will want the CMR.

1fastlxry car did you ever get yours tuned?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are running the CMR tune on a 300C SRT8 right now as we speak to make sure it there are no issues with it before my car gets CMR'd. The main programer at D'Agostino came from SCT & knows SCT programs by heart. The SCT software has more paramiters then the Diablo has for CMR tuning so he is messing with the software to get all the down so he can give the best tune. They basically dont want to tune my car blind & then have any drivabilty issues comsidering if they tune it well there will be a handful of people going there for CMR tunes.

As for the CMR tune issue, I have something for you..... I kept getting tired of not getting my car tuned by DR & I was thinking they were jerking my chain and B/Sing me(before I talked to them again in person). So I went to a WELL know racing shop for Mopar called Rage Tek. Home of the only 609rwhp RWD srt4 (pretty sure those #'s are right, but def close). Talked to him about dynoing it and a tune. He said yeah I can stick it on the dyno, adjust a few things in the Predator and get you at least 15hp. I said is it a CMR tune, he said no, just by adjusting the stuff in the Pred. I told him I wanted a CMR tune & he said he doesn't have the software but he can get it if I want, if DR doesnt come through. This guy knew what he was talking about, they had a Viper on the dyno, about 7-8 SRT4's there, a few GOATS, and a few other race cars. If things fall through with DR I will DEF take it there. But this also makes me believe that there is 15-20hp hidden in a CMR tume. Just my .02 though.

On another note DR racing is looking to bore out my stock TB to 90mm like the PPP 90mm TB, they are also looking in getting that awesome twin screw RDP supercharger & throw that on my car. So hopefully that will be good. PPP also has some UD pulleys comming out for our cars...... I'm just looking for 500rwhp N/A would be nice. Should be dynoing @ 410, with a cam, heads, TB, a good tune, & maybe headders I should be around there.

·
Registered
513 Posts
They are running the CMR tune on a 300C SRT8 right now as we speak to make sure it there are no issues with it before my car gets CMR'd. The main programer at D'Agostino came from SCT & knows SCT programs by heart. The SCT software has more paramiters then the Diablo has for CMR tuning so he is messing with the software to get all the down so he can give the best tune. They basically dont want to tune my car blind & then have any drivabilty issues comsidering if they tune it well there will be a handful of people going there for CMR tunes.

As for the CMR tune issue, I have something for you..... I kept getting tired of not getting my car tuned by DR & I was thinking they were jerking my chain and B/Sing me(before I talked to them again in person). So I went to a WELL know racing shop for Mopar called Rage Tek. Home of the only 609rwhp RWD srt4 (pretty sure those #'s are right, but def close). Talked to him about dynoing it and a tune. He said yeah I can stick it on the dyno, adjust a few things in the Predator and get you at least 15hp. I said is it a CMR tune, he said no, just by adjusting the stuff in the Pred. I told him I wanted a CMR tune & he said he doesn't have the software but he can get it if I want, if DR doesnt come through. This guy knew what he was talking about, they had a Viper on the dyno, about 7-8 SRT4's there, a few GOATS, and a few other race cars. If things fall through with DR I will DEF take it there. But this also makes me believe that there is 15-20hp hidden in a CMR tume. Just my .02 though.

On another note DR racing is looking to bore out my stock TB to 90mm like the PPP 90mm TB, they are also looking in getting that awesome twin screw RDP supercharger & throw that on my car. So hopefully that will be good. PPP also has some UD pulleys comming out for our cars...... I'm just looking for 500rwhp N/A would be nice. Should be dynoing @ 410, with a cam, heads, TB, a good tune, & maybe headders I should be around there.
Keep us posted on what you end up doing? If you get some additional HP I probably end up going the same route.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts