Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought ny car from a tiny dealer and a week later the light came on. I took it to the dealer and they said they replaced the O2 sensor, they also said the light was still on becouse of wrong oil?? but they claimed they put the right oil in it. I drove it on a road trip, now I am on vacation and decided to pull the code myself, I just found out I have 6 codes!!! these are the codes, please help!!

p0406- Exhaust gas recirculation sensor A circuit high.

p0430- Catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 2.

p0520- Engine oil sensor/switch circuit malfunction.

p0325- Knock sensor 1 Circuit.

p1521- Incorrect engine oil type.

p2112 Electronic throttle control unable to open.

Has anybody had any of these, any help would be great!!!

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Its probably that 430 code as that is a real pain in many cars.
If you bought a second hand car check with the previous owner if he had the problem as it is often easy to make it disappear for a couple of weeks until it reappears again.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Doubt you bought a lemon. Once fixed your car will most likely be OK. While you have several codes, many of them may only require a flash. I get the feeling you do not have an extended warranty on your car, since most if not all 2005's are past their 3yr/36k mile warranty. Not sure, but maybe some of these codes/fixes fall under the Federal Emmissions warranty which is 8 years/ 80k miles.

There are these TSB's that refer to some of your codes. Not all TSB's apply to your 2005 car, but they still may fix your car.

p1521- Incorrect engine oil type.
http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_1800808a.pdf
http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_1801806.pdf

P0406 - EGR Position Sensor Circuit High
http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_1802707.pdf

P0430 - CATALYST EFFICIENCY (BANK 2)
http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_1801107.pdf

p2112 Electronic throttle control unable to open.
http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_1801806.pdf

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Even tho you may be out on the manufacture warrenty, you should still have something from the dealer for a small period of time. Ive seen 30 days, 90 days, 6 months and 1 year.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I cleared the codes by pullin the fuse. The only code thats returned so far is the P0520. So I guess the next step is to replace te oil pressure switch??

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Here is what the service manual says are the possible causes of P0520.
All the Diagnostic Testing to find the cause is too complicated for most of us girls, and we don't have the tools either. Dealer is your best bet to find the fix.

(G6) ENGINE OIL PRESSURE SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE
RESISTANCE (G6) ENGINE OIL PRESSURE SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT
(G6) ENGINE OIL PRESSURE SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
RESISTANCE IN (F856) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT
(F856) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
RESISTANCE IN THE (K900) SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT
ENGINE OIL PRESSURE SENSOR
PCM

While pulling fuse 11 cleared the codes, I believe some codes may return if the problem occurs 2 to 3 times in a row. You may need to drive/start-restart the car a few more times to be sure the codes do not return.

·
Banned
65 Posts
If it is a Chrysler... You can bet you got a LEMON! Enjoy it... Chrysler is laughing at YOU! Another sucker!

Anyone willing to buy my car from me for what I owe the bank on it? Then I can get off these forums! FOR LIFE!

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
RD,

You can just leave the forums NOW... Sell your car on AutoTrader. Some of us are honestly sick of your postings, they add nothing of value here, what-so-ever.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
If it is a Chrysler... You can bet you got a LEMON! Enjoy it... Chrysler is laughing at YOU! Another sucker!

Anyone willing to buy my car from me for what I owe the bank on it? Then I can get off these forums! FOR LIFE!
Like I told you in my PM several weeks ago, you're trolling for sympathy and as I also told you it's beginning to backfire on you now. You're signature is your worst enemy. At least you had the sense to take my advice by removing the copyrighted logo before they sued your miserable ass.

This is a site for entheusiasts of the Chrysler 300 and LX cars. You clearly do not meet that criteria and are doing nothing to further your cause, whatever that may be.

Most of us put up with your crap slinging for a while, but as you can see the tide is turning. Save yourself the effort here because no one is listening. Go get yourself a lawyer and put your money where your mouth is.

Bottom line is you are having a negative effect on group morale and it's time to move on. If I were a moderator this would already be done "FOR LIFE" as you so aptly put it.

Bernie

RD,

You can just leave the forums NOW... Sell your car on AutoTrader. Some of us are honestly sick of your postings, they add nothing of value here, what-so-ever.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
RD3587,
You just don't seem to get it! :pat:

Before anyone possibly sympathizes with you, they need to read your previous, detailed complaint and my answer to you:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/674944-post7.html

Even other forum members who enjoy their Chrysler vehicles (in spite of some faults) are tired of your wasted, hateful rants.

We don't want to see them posted in this forum. Take your whinning complaints somewhere else and see how much sympathy you can squeeze out of them.

Just do what someone else previously did to you....sell off this vehicle to someone else who will inherit the same problems. Purchasing such a high mileage vehicle invited having some major problems. That was a risk you took as well as possibly not understanding what your additional warranty covered.

300cforums is a great place for many things; it certainly is not a forum for the type of complaints, possible lies, and hate you have exhibited toward Chrysler.

I have no doubt that if you don't leave or stop your vile remarks, that you are setting yourself up for being banned.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Let's get back on topic, we all know RD is a perpetual whiner, but let's help the OP.....
Northern,
I couldn't agree more with you! :)

The OP was already helped with several links by joey and even said he was going to take the car into the dealer. He has not reported back since this post on 4/14.

Some of us are just trying to stop the harassment by RD as he continues to find any thead to post his displeasure with Chrysler and we don't want to see that around 3CF.

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
Northern,
I couldn't agree more with you! :)

The OP was already helped with several links by joey and even said he was going to take the car into the dealer. He has not reported back since this post on 4/14.

Some of us are just trying to stop the harassment by RD as he continues to find any thead to post his displeasure with Chrysler and we don't want to see that around 3CF.
:pat:

doh, didn't see the dates on the posts.

Go getem boyz!:twak:

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
I see RD is a gonner. Well, at least we don't have to look at that sig anymore!

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts