Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF man. Not only have they not responded back to my thread, they haven't even replied back to my 3 day old email. What are they doing? Writing me a hand written letter through snail mail?

Other than NYC Dashes, what are some other dash kit companies out there?

·
Registered
887 Posts
I used the one Angie300c recommended - woodtrimwarehouse.com.

Great results with my kit! I don't think it has as many peices though (which is how I wanted it anyway).

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
5point7 said:
I used the one Angie300c recommended - woodtrimwarehouse.com.

Great results with my kit! I don't think it has as many peices though (which is how I wanted it anyway).
Better watch out for woodtrimwarehouse.com, I am still waiting for them to return 2 e-mails in the last 2 weeks. They promised to replace a damaged piece but have not heard from them, and I was dealing with Noel. :mad:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks 5point7, since I'm thinking you bought a kit from woodtrim warehouse. Could you answer 2 questions?

When looking at their diagram, it looks like they give you two different types of trim for the steering column where the steering mounted controls are. So do they give two pairs for 300L and C which have the controls and then trims without holes in them for those with 300T and Bases?

And do they give a kit for people without the dual A/C and just standard, or not?

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
these guys r pretty reasonable
dashkitstore

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm... It seems like pretty much all the dash sites either use the kit that NYC Dashes sells or the one that Woodtrim Warehouse does. Whatever happened to originality?

I like the first kit much more because of the LOT more pieces. But it seems like the other one has the steering wheel inserts for non mounted controls models.

Decisions decisions!

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
what i cant understand is the difference in prices is large edash has the full i think 72 piece set for 344, ive seen the same for as much as 475

·
Registered
887 Posts
Taha, yes, they gave 2 sets for the non-C steering wheels, and some cutouts for non-heated seats. I didn't use the center dash or gear shift surround peices - I like the stainless as a contrast.
I just ordered aspendog's arm rests, so the lack of trim on the arm rests is no prob. I went with the "less is more" approach to warm up the interior instead of the "you got WOOD" approach. I will say it really makes a big difference in the looks. And now that I'm "used" to it, a little more wood trim would not be a bad thing - The upper surround where the home-link is would be nice as well as the peices by the lower pockets in the doors and on the rear console vents.

As for quality, I bought a kit off ebay a few years back for my Camry - it was junk. This kit I have is good quality. It say B&I on the instructions, so I'm assuming that's the manufacturer of the kit.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
joeywild said:
what i cant understand is the difference in prices is large edash has the full i think 72 piece set for 344, ive seen the same for as much as 475
Not all kits are the same. You can tell by the model numbers. Once you find a particular model you like, shop around for the best price. Best thing is to call them.

I chose the NYC kit because of their level of quality. I was not disappointed. However, communication with them is slow and best done by phone. They don't seem to check this forum every day.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, I can understand then not checking the forums regularly. That's not why I am angry, but not to even reply back to emails directly to them? How exactly do you run an ONLINE business like that without responding to emails quickly.

And of course their phone times are so convinient at closing by 6 Eastern. I usually am not fry by 5 over here (central).

Northern, since you seem to have purchased from them, do they give inserts for the non steering wheel controls mounted 300's? and the non heated seats?

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Taha24 said:
Yea, I can understand then not checking the forums regularly. That's not why I am angry, but not to even reply back to emails directly to them? How exactly do you run an ONLINE business like that without responding to emails quickly.

And of course their phone times are so convinient at closing by 6 Eastern. I usually am not fry by 5 over here (central).

Northern, since you seem to have purchased from them, do they give inserts for the non steering wheel controls mounted 300's? and the non heated seats?
They have a kit specifically for your type of 300. You can see the different 300 kits on their web, or better yet, speak to them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had sent them a couple of PMs about their kits and also went to their site to order some sample woods. Never hear a wrod back form them. Decided I wasn't comfortable with that level of non-response, non-service, especially form a supporing vendor. :( Ordered a kit form www.dashkitstore.com yesterday. :eek:

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
harrysam said:
I had sent them a couple of PMs about their kits and also went to their site to order some sample woods. Never hear a wrod back form them. Decided I wasn't comfortable with that level of non-response, non-service, especially form a supporing vendor. :( Ordered a kit form www.dashkitstore.com yesterday. :eek:
That's quite disconcerting to hear, Harrysam. The kit you ordered from the reseller will be manufactured by NYCDash, as it is their product number.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Northern Rider said:
That's quite disconcerting to hear, Harrysam. The kit you ordered from the reseller will be manufactured by NYCDash, as it is their product number.

and alot cheaper

·
Registered
91 Posts
Northern Rider said:
Northern Rider. Good observation. I figured as much since the kit numbers were the same. It just seems that NYC dash is better on the manufacturing end than the service end. www.dashkitstore.com seemed to be a different version of the NYC dash site, just better put together. I was happy to get the NYC kit, as that is what I wanted in the first place, but am hoping that the other store will be much easier to deal with on the service side.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Dear 300C Forum Member's.

New York city dashes, Inc. Apologizes for the inconvenience on the forum reply. We have had some difficulties with system outages and there has been many changes on the internal side of the company. This is not going to effect our correspondence with our valued customer's. Please state your questions and a response will be there within 48 hours. You may feel free to call us mon-fri from 9 - 7 @ 866-692-8746 you may also chat live by clicking on the following link http://www.nycdashes.com/ ( The live chat button is on the top right )
Or you can submit your questions by clicking
here : http://www.nycdashes.com/contactus.html

Once again apologies from NycDashes, Inc. We will be waiting on your posts.

Best Regards
New York City Dashes, Inc.
General information Staff.
Toll Free 866-692-8746
Local 732-340-1277
Fax 732-210-0358

http://www.Nycdashes.com

********** SPECIAL ***********
Free FedEx Ground Shipping on all
orders shipped to Continental USA!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for replying NYCDashes. I wish you could have answered my question though since there seems to be no way to get questions answered. Let's see.

Thread - No reply
Email - Still no reply
And then you suggested use the chat feature. So I was finally available during your open times and I get a "none of our representatives are free right now" or something close to that.

Wow.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Taha24 said:
thanks for replying NYCDashes. I wish you could have answered my question though since there seems to be no way to get questions answered. Let's see.

Thread - No reply
Email - Still no reply
And then you suggested use the chat feature. So I was finally available during your open times and I get a "none of our representatives are free right now" or something close to that.

Wow.
Taha, they are set up for phone communication. I know the younger guys just want to keyboard and not talk, but had I just done that, I would not have gotten extra info. Abd, most importantly a good discount by mentioning this forum.

They need to do some catching up with their forum and e-mail technology. But they do manufacture an excellent product.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts