Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering some Eibach Pro kit springs this week. For those that have lowered their cars, did you purchase a camber kit to offset the negative camber? The pro kit is a 1.6" drop and I don't want to eat my tires up so quickly and also know I will need an alignment after the install. Midas has already told me their alignment machine can only align at factory height and wouldn't give an accurate alignment on aftermarket springs. Need some feedback.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I have about a 1.5" drop and have too much negative camber. But after 20k miles on my Toyo Proxes the inside tire wear is only slightly worse than the outside. I may have to eventually change my tires 2-3k miles early because of the inside tire wear. But this extra wear isn't enough to make me spend money on the camber kits.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have about a 1.5" drop and have too much negative camber.
Did you mean you didn't have too much negative camber??? I'm assuming you got another alignment after you installed the springs. I've heard that it's almost impossible to get a correct/accurate alignment due to a change in the height of the car. Most places can only align according to the specs of the OEM wheel sizes, from what I was told....

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
My camber is too negative and cannot be corrected with an alignment.
On the rears, the best they could do was a negative 1.3 on the left and negative 1.6 on the right.
On the fronts, negative 0.5 on the left and negative 1.0 on the right.

·
Registered
916 Posts
My rears are both 1.3 which is within the factory specs. There is no after market kit for the rears you can't change the camber the best you can do is try to adjust the toe to compensate. You do get a little sagging after the springs are in for a while. I have the Eibach springs dampers and struts with about 10.000 miles, other than a little clunking on rough road, I love them.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump for me!
C'mon peeps, I know there has to be more than 2 people out there with some aftermarket springs!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the same kit and my allignment is fine. Iwent to Firestone after being ripped off by another shop that charged $200 buck and then told me they couldn't do it without a kit. I took it to Firestone and bought the lifetime alignment for $120 and all is fine.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the same kit and my allignment is fine. Iwent to Firestone after being ripped off by another shop that charged $200 buck and then told me they couldn't do it without a kit. I took it to Firestone and bought the lifetime alignment for $120 and all is fine.
I thought no shop would give a lifetime waranty on alignment for a vehicle that has had it's suspension altered from factory specs?

·
Registered
23 Posts
After about 7000 miles, I had the OEM springs replace with H&R's. Now have 24500 miles. The shop didn't mention that I needed such a kit and it was not on my receipt. I think my drop is 1.5 on each end, they re-aligned the car after install, the Toyo proxes ST's (20 inch) are wearing good, no wear problem visible, and the car still tracks straight on the road. They were road forced balanced on the install. Running the OEM shocks and struts with a smooth ride, however, I do feel more bumps and pavement seams. Car handles great on the highway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts