Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Went to swap out my fuel filter this morning but cannot get the clips undone on the hose. Any ideas

I'm going to replace them with jubilee clips. See pick attached. Don't want a garage doing a job I can do-if it wasn't for the clips

Lance

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,804 Posts
.........and as you will have noticed, the in and out pipes are different sizes. I think I was able to prise mine apart with a small screwdriver. I found the nut and bolt type clamps easier to use than small jubilee clips.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I reused mine i just nipped with pliers and flicked them open with a screwdriver, just use the pliers to refit them.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Yes indeed you may be able to re-use them again but I never have. Not keen on there design anyway so have always used a much better and easier to use clamp to ensure they don't blow off which they can sometimes do.

Regards,

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
And how much diesel did you spill down onto the heat transfer box directly underneath it.......slowly rotting the seals and eventually causing a huge oil leak.......lol..... and yes,the same as Roy,clip them back together with face cutters (pincers)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts