Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the difference is between purchasing a whole new SRT8 front fascia for me 300C or simply purchasing a VIP300C front chin spolier? Do both of them give me the same look? They seem pretty similar to me.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The major difference between looks would be buying the srt8 fascia is it has the extra set of holes above the spoiler.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have holes on my 300C bumper right now. Does the VIP300C lip cover these holes somehow with the lip or does it add more holes?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
you dont have to buy the entire front bumper fascia if you want to put the oem srt8 lower lip. Just go to the dealer and ask them for the lower fascia. You can get if for about the same price as the vip one and in some cases some members have gotten the oem for cheaper. Try World Parts Express or wycoff chrysler. With world parts express call them because you wont find it on the site.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Uh I thought the OEM SRT8 lower lip was discontinued and next to impossible to find. The SRT8 doesnt have an upper and lower anymore, they are all 1 piece.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
not sure about hard to find. Every dealer ive asked has been able to find it. Both the 1 piece and the 2 piece. Makes sense for them to still sell it. If someone need to replace theirs they should be able to still get it from the dealer. At first when the dealers checked for me they always brought up the new 1 piece. But I'd have them look a little more and they would find the lower lip from the 2 piece.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I cant speck for that. All I can say is When i Called up a few dealers the guys in the parts depts said they could have it for me in a couple of days. And the dealer I went to last week had it in their system with a price. (they had a price for both the 2 piece and the one piece). I even pointed out the part on the parts diagram in computer for them (think it was #20).

And like I said before. Just because the company switches to a differewnt design doesnt mean they will stop carrying certain parts. For example, you can still walk into a dealership and pic up parts for an intrepid or a concorde. They dont make those cars any more and nor will they keep stock of the parts. In most cases those will be special order parts, which you can order from the dealership and arrive a few days later.

Besides that a member on this forum got the lip a few months ago from his dealer in florida. I dont remember his name but I remember that he said he got it cheaper then the VIP one.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes and the guy posted in the thread above. Here are his quotes:

"okay boys call your local dealership! i just ordered mine, today.
The srt8 lip for your 300C's are only $100 (unpainted)"

"i called the dealership back, the dumbass working in parts is useless. He told me again its for a 300 SRT8, so i had him triple check. 3rd times a charm it is for a Daytona. "

So it appears he THOUGHT he got one, but in the end its for a different car.

I have also read on here that the OEM SRT8 fron lip ONLY fits the SRT8 bumper. It cannot fit right onto any other bumper other than the SRT8 bumper without major modification, so since I dont have an SRT8 bumper, it wouldnt work, even if it was available.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have holes on my 300C bumper right now. Does the VIP300C lip cover these holes somehow with the lip or does it add more holes?

If you add an vip300c lip you will still have the holes below the license plate. The new new 1piece srt8 facia has an extra set of holes. Here is a picture a borrowed from another thread. This was one of the main reasons I went with the vip300c lip, I just didn't the extra holes I would get with replacing the entire fascia, also the install for the vip300c took all of ten minutes and it came prepainted.

And here is picture of the 300C fasicia with the vip300c lip installed

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Yes and the guy posted in the thread above. Here are his quotes:

"okay boys call your local dealership! i just ordered mine, today.
The srt8 lip for your 300C's are only $100 (unpainted)"

"i called the dealership back, the dumbass working in parts is useless. He told me again its for a 300 SRT8, so i had him triple check. 3rd times a charm it is for a Daytona. "

So it appears he THOUGHT he got one, but in the end its for a different car.

I have also read on here that the OEM SRT8 fron lip ONLY fits the SRT8 bumper. It cannot fit right onto any other bumper other than the SRT8 bumper without major modification, so since I dont have an SRT8 bumper, it wouldnt work, even if it was available.
Not him, A different member. If chrysler says i can get it then I guess i can get it. And i didnt ask for the daytona lip. I pointed it out on the parts catalog for him. Im telling you that the dealer is letting me buy the 300C SRT8 OEM front lip by itself. I have seen the diagram for it and Its the right one. At first he couldnt find it and only found the 1 piece but after 5 mins and me pointing it out for him he was able to get it. I have been quoted $350 and $450 for it in the us and $600 in canada. And again this is the 2 Piece. I made sure of it by looking at the diagram and checking to see if it mounted the same way.
As for the member in this forum again he is from Florida, and got his for about $300-$350 painted from the Dealer.

Maybe some dealers cant get it. Maybe I got lucky and the 3 dealers I tried were all able to get it. But again, I have been given a price as of last week where I pointed out the part.

***EDIT*** Did a little further checking and had the dealerships give me the Telephone #'s for the places that they said had the part in stock. Called up those dealerships and turned out to be they couldnt find the parts even tho the computer said they had them in stock. They made corrections to their computers after realising this. So My Bad :p

·
Banned
1,439 Posts
What are you waiting for ???
When you can get this price !!!
Crazy Sales
SRT8 Front and Rear Unpaint lip
2 more set
togo !!!
Discount Price $489.00
Shipping $80.00 (48 STATE IN THE U.S.)

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
does your rear lip have any issues with any of the aftermarket exhaust systems?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I just put the rear lip on and it works great with my corsa exhaust. Here's a picture of the lip on the car with the Corsa.

precisly what i wanted to know, im planning on getting the corsa soon. You like it?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im going with the SRT8 front fascia, which my Body guy can get for $375 and the Xenon rear I found for $270. Hopefully I can sell my 300C front bumper and offset some of this cost. Im excited!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Im going with the SRT8 front fascia, which my Body guy can get for $375 and the Xenon rear I found for $270. Hopefully I can sell my 300C front bumper and offset some of this cost. Im excited!
are you in ontario? my cousin needs a front bumper i believe for his 300c

1 - 20 of 27 Posts