Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to trade in my modded out 2005 300C for a 2006 SRT8.

Before i do so... i wanna know the following...so please chime in with the answers...
1. I put on TSX Thruxton 20" on my 300C... will these fit on the SRT8
2. I dropped my car 1 1/2 ".... do I need to do that to this car?
3. I also put on a borla exhaust on my 300C (one of the best mod's I EVER did)... do i need to change the exhaust on the SRT8?
4. Is there that plastic muffler that needs to be removed like in my 300C?
5. Will my tinted tail lights fit on the SRT8?
6. Does it take the same navigation disk ??? (as mine is a somewhat recent one from like 2 years ago or so)

Anything else significant you wanna mention would be great.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
534 Posts
1. I put on TSX Thruxton 20" on my 300C... will these fit on the SRT8
2. I dropped my car 1 1/2 ".... do I need to do that to this car?
3. I also put on a borla exhaust on my 300C (one of the best mod's I EVER did)... do i need to change the exhaust on the SRT8?
4. Is there that plastic muffler that needs to be removed like in my 300C?
5. Will my tinted tail lights fit on the SRT8?
6. Does it take the same navigation disk ??? (as mine is a somewhat recent one from like 2 years ago or so)
1. Yes, maybe. Depends if they'll clear the Brembo calipers
2. Stock is lower then a regular C.
3. Need a different one. 5.7 Borla has 2.5" pipes, 6.1 has 3.0". Stock 6.1 has 2.75" duals.
4. Nope.
5. Yes.
6. If it has Navi.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
its tough to say if you NEED to lower the car and if you NEED to put exhaust on. mikes right, the SRT8 does sit lower than the regular C. some people have lowered SRT8s, some are slammed, and some are stock height. it all depends on what look and performance your going for. the exhaust note on the SRT8 is a good rumble, but relatively subdued. the "bang" at WOT throttle shifts is pretty cool, i gotta admit, but it might be too quiet if you are used to borla. some people do cutouts, Corsa, etc, its all a matter of taste, but no one will say you need to do one or the other.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I would do corsa if I did anything...but it's all up to your personal taste. SRT did make an effort to get the best sounding exhaust possible past DCX's lawyers and government regulators...and it is definitely a mean sound, especially when you hammer the gas at around 55mph, instantly going from virtually no load on the engine to WOT under heavy load...pipe music will make you cry, if the whiplash doesn't.

I wouldn't lower the SRT. It is already low enough that you're virtually guaranteed to scrape the front end on something every couple thousand miles no matter how careful you are. It's only 5.5" off the ground...in fact, I ripped that plastic cover off the underside of the engine driving onto a lift. Since then, I always make sure I use a side lift, not a center post.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks fellas....
the best mod i even did for my 300 was the borla exhaust... if the corsa, magnaflow or borla on this car will make the (already load pipes) SUBSTANTIALLY LOUDER (and therefore breath better = more horse power).. then i'd probably do it.... - which would you all recommend?

Doesn't sound like the car needs to be lowered.... I did mine for performance & looks...

Are there any other mods you all could recommend that are your favorites or moreso that directly increase the hp?

(I'm moving most of my mods from my 300C to this SRT8 if possible)....

·
Registered
534 Posts
Loud doesn't mean better flowing. Flowmasters are among the worst flowing mufflers made, yet they're also among the loudest. DynoMax Welded UltraFlows flow more then straight pipes, yet they're substantially quieter.

The only mod you NEED, is the DiabloSport Predator. Nothing else is necessary.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Loud doesn't mean better flowing. Flowmasters are among the worst flowing mufflers made, yet they're also among the loudest. DynoMax Welded UltraFlows flow more then straight pipes, yet they're substantially quieter.

The only mod you NEED, is the DiabloSport Predator. Nothing else is necessary.
Hows your gas mileage with the pred? Ive debated tuning mine but I dont want to shoot down my 24 mpg highway

·
Registered
534 Posts
My gas mileage has always been pretty poor. All highway I was able to get 20mpg. Normal driving (for me 90% streets) she gets about 10.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Hows your gas mileage with the pred? Ive debated tuning mine but I dont want to shoot down my 24 mpg highway
My mpg is better with the predator. I always fill up and reset the trip. I take miles driven/gallons filled. I'm always at 15.8-16.4 with the diablo (custom tuned-picked up 40rwhp). I drive it like I stole it. Good mix of city/highway miles. I cruise at 80 on the freeway and often do spirited jumps killing unsuspecting prey. I took the tune off last week since I took it to the dealership (as I was filling up at Mobil). I left the tune off for one entire tank of gas. I got 14.36 mpg that tank. I drove it just as hard, but it was very disappointing. The 1st-2nd shift has that annoying blaaahhhh sound instead of the tight tire chirping shift with the tune. Anyways, get the diablo.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Yes, in theory your MPG should go up with the Diablo...if you can stay out of the pedal. You go from being too rich and tuned conservatively at the factory to just right(stoich) or much less rich with the tuner. You just aren't wasting gas anymore. I stayed about the same before and after, it definitely didn't go down. If you do get one, I'd recommend shelling out a little extra cash to have it tuned on a dyno so you can make sure your air/fuel ratios are as perfect as the tuner can make them.

Eric

·
Registered
931 Posts
thanks fellas....
the best mod i even did for my 300 was the borla exhaust... if the corsa, magnaflow or borla on this car will make the (already load pipes) SUBSTANTIALLY LOUDER (and therefore breath better = more horse power).. then i'd probably do it.... - which would you all recommend?

Doesn't sound like the car needs to be lowered.... I did mine for performance & looks...

Are there any other mods you all could recommend that are your favorites or moreso that directly increase the hp?

(I'm moving most of my mods from my 300C to this SRT8 if possible)....
CORSA CORSA CORSA!!!! i researched for a long time before buying an exhaust. and i can say without a doubt in mind, that the corsa is the best sounding exhaust you can buy. and it definitely felt like i gained power in the top end, but i also lost some in the bottom end. so i would say its a trade off, when it comes to power gain.

and as for must have mods. the diablo predator is an absolute must. it makes the car behave the way it was meant to from the factory.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
i get 24 avg pure highway with the predator

·
Registered
931 Posts
That must be at 55-60 mph...not 75 like I go.

Eric
im in the same boat. i average about 16mpg on the highway. before and after diablo. thats at 100mph. but to me, thats still a prety good mileage, considering the power of this car.

my truck (07 tundra) only averages around 12mpg. and thats at about 85mph cruising speeds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts