Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been doing some more research and saw that there might be two different types of bumpers. Ones with the semi circular portion on the bottom and ones without. I have included pictures of them but I don't understand. Im assuming the other type is not stock? Essentially I don't particularly like those semi-circles but more the plain box like headlight configuration. Could one of you help me out with that?

Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Are the two front bumpers interchangeable? I mean can I screw on the base one to a 300c?
And do you know whether the headlights would be different at all for the different models (trim levels) ?
Thank you by the way you have been a lot of help this past week.

·
Administrator
13,087 Posts
You'll notice that one has rectangular headlight openings, the other has round ones so they are not interchangeable. For instance, you can't put a Touring/Base model front fascia on a 300C/SRT8 & you can't put a 300C/SRt8 front fascia on a Touring/Base model due to the shape of the headlights.

There is one option. You can put a 300c/SRT8 front fascia on a Touring/Base model if you replace the headlights and put the 300C/SRT8 style headlights on the car.

Base/Touring headlights are rectangular units, 300C/SRT8 headlights are round.

·
Administrator
13,087 Posts
It can be. The 300C/SRT8 front fascias will require additional hardware to attach the belly pan to the lower lip and, in some cases, the aftermarket ones may need a 300C/SRT8 splashguard for both wheelwells.

But hey...it's only money, right? ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah that is true.. I dont even know anymore. I was going to paint the headlight housings and get the AAC Halo kit, but I might leave all that stock except for the grille. Seems like Im looking at 1500 dollars just to switch up headlights which is a bit too much.

·
Registered
689 Posts
$1500 to do what??

Switch up headlights, what do you mean, as in... getting 300C headlights with AAC Oracle Halos in them? Id just buy the halo kit itself and do the install my self (which I have done already for Gen. 2 300C)

Also - That's the Grip Tuning front bumper isnt it? Got a buddy who had the 'C'(srt) type one that he used on his Touring 300. So equivalently he had also bought the 'C' headlights to match as well. I also do believe he wasn't running fender liners so he could fit some wheels in better, however, he also did install some bolts and quick releases for the front bumper to ensure its stability without fender liners.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Umm no, I don't like the 300C headlights. I think the semi-circular part is off-putting but that's just me. I want to swap them for the 300 base headlights. Apparently I need a entirely new bumper too but that's okay. I was looking at the grip tuning bumper and grille and Spyder projector headlights. They come with halos i think but they might be pretty bad quality compared to the ACC oracles.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Umm no, I don't like the 300C headlights. I think the semi-circular part is off-putting but that's just me. I want to swap them for the 300 base headlights. Apparently I need a entirely new bumper too but that's okay. I was looking at the grip tuning bumper and grille and Spyder projector headlights. They come with halos i think but they might be pretty bad quality compared to the ACC oracles.
I am sure someone with a base or touring would swap you front bumpers, headlights and fogs if that's what you want. Hell, I would even consider it if you lived close..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So far only time will tell. For starters I gotta research more about these projectors im looking at. Im looking at a lot of money just for some personal preference cosmetics haha

·
Registered
689 Posts
You could go cheaper by buying a stock set of touring headlights, and then baking them open yourself and installing lighting such as halos, and also painting the interior colors yourself as well. But if you've got the money, then i say why not just buy the light already done i guess. Then you dont have to worry about anything

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im pretty sure the ones Im looking at (Spyder® - Chrysler 300 2008 Black Halo Projector Headlights with LEDs) definitely are different visually than stock. Not just the halos and the headlight painted. Originally that's what I was going to do, is paint them and buy halos. But I was reading and I read that projectors somehow work well with HID bulbs as the bulb housing is different or so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been doing some more research and saw that there might be two different types of bumpers. Ones with the semi circular portion on the bottom and ones without. I have included pictures of them but I don't understand. Im assuming the other type is not stock? Essentially I don't particularly like those semi-circles but more the plain box like headlight configuration. Could one of you help me out with that?

Thank you.
Can I get the black SRT 300 front? Mine was trashed by an uninsured motorist. Can't seem to find them especially that 1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts