Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed something last night....

With my headlights on and at a red light, I noticed that each time my turn signal flashed, my dash light would dim a little. Its only noticable where the clock is. Same problem when every the factory sub under the rear deck would hit as well too.

Anyone else notice this problem. Could my alternator be going after just 3K miles?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nah, these cars just have lousy dynamic voltage regulation. If you watch the voltage readout in the diagnostic mode of the EVIC, you can see the voltage dip when the headlights are on, then go back up as the regulator compensates. Same with any current draw (like above 5 amps). I have a two way radio in the car and it will drop when I transmit. The voltage drop in the LX seems to be more than in my other older cars. The dealer service mgr said that so long as it is not causing any problems or malfunctions, he can't address it as a warranty issue and he doubted it's something he could do much about anyway. We looked at 2 other of the same models on the lot and they all had the same brief dimming effect on current load change.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
mine does the same thing. In fact I don't even have to have the turn signals on; just idling with the headlights on I can notice the dash lights getting slightly dimmer and brighter. It must be one of those idiosynchrosies of this car.... oh well I love it anyway :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts