Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
won't facing the subs towards the floor of the trunk work as well i have a friend who owns of audio shop and install school and he swears by facing the subs towards the floor.

·
Registered
435 Posts
This is all so confusing,,,,can someone just post a pic of T8STY1 so i can make some decisions.:sasmokin:
LOL, MY Subs always face forward, I have a pair of nice round woofers in a sealed "push up" enclosure, though sometimes I let them go free air to, unlike the one mentioned in this string, I get no cancellation, though vibration is quite enjoyable.... LOL.
Oh and no decisions need to be made, it's all depending on my mood in which direction my box will be facing...
Oh, no pics of my subs or my box either... LOL, maybe in my drunken dorm days but not any more...

Wow, cool-V, I'm impressed another audio head in the bunch, and edumacated too, LOL.

Not too many others would know the length of the 100mhz sound wave, converting the radio frequency into sound via the speaker (at sea level :)) adds about another foot in length so approx 9.84 feet + 1 = 10.84 (or 11 as you stated)

After reading through my post again, I did kinda explain a little that backwards huh...

but you're right, the rattle is th indicator of cancellation.
and yes, milan1228 had good because his box was at the very
rear of the trunk facing forward, eliminating cancellation and rattle..

good post and lots of info for people to decipher.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
I have no idea what you all are talking about, but somehow I like it. I must have a filthy mind though cuz woofers and boxes are starting to have a whole new meaning to me.

I am definately impressed with the knowledge in this thread too BTW!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have 2, 12W6's and an Orion HCCA D2400 amp. I have them in a custom ported box facing the rear. The only vibrations I have are coming from the rear of the truck where the Chrysler emblem is. The bumper, heat shields from the exhaust, and top of the trunk are not rattling at all. I guess all cars are a little different but I'm not having any problems. I do have the dynomat extrememe trunk kit, but I haven't installed it yet. One thing that helps my vibration problems is that my port on my box is facing up instead of towards the rear. From my experiences in the past, the best sound comes from rear facing subs. Here are a few pics of my box...

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Loosen those rubber screws on the trunk lid. Bring them out about 1 inch. I guarantee it will stop the vibrations. I have 2 15s in my trunk, trust me. It works!

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I think there is a list of all things to do somewhere on here (I put my own
list as well), and extending the bump stops is definitely a must do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Facing my subs forward sounded the best of the 3 different boxes I've had. I also ported the box into the cab and it is by far the best sounding box I've had in this car. The port makes a world of difference.
Do u still have this set up in your 300?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Facing my subs forward sounded the best of the 3 different boxes I've had. I also ported the box into the cab and it is by far the best sounding box I've had in this car. The port makes a world of difference.
IM been visualizing this design whilst removing the free air 8" for access and creating a port through my rear arm fold down rest. Im making it with my 3d printer in a 5 order with one 8"

21 - 28 of 28 Posts