Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TPS (Tire Pressure Monitor)

After putting 22" rims on my 300C the TPM (Tire Pressure Monitor System) won't stop beeping!!! What can i do to stop this?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
If the TPM stems will fit in the new wheels (some wheels will accept them and some won't...) you will need to take the old wheels and tires with you to the tire shop then they will have to disassemble the old wheels and tires, remove the stems then remove the current 22s and disassemble them and insert the new stems in the new wheels and tires... Then balance and mount them again. Problem is many of the shops will charge an arm and a leg to do this. Say $13 for every mount and dismount (times 8 or more) then usually a charge to install the stems $10-20 per.

Other option is to call Wykoff they sell new ones for $45 per wheel I think. Then have them installed in the new wheels.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THanks Hemi, I guess i'm gonna wait till i get my Eibach spring kit and Magnaflow exhaust and do it at the same time while it's on the lift...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Disable TPM?

Does anyone know how to disengage the TPM system? I installed new wheels and winter tires (Pirelli Scorpion 235/60HR18 & 18X8.5 Borbet rims; great setup from Tire Rack) on my 300 SRT-8. I thought I could disable the tire pressure system -- but the dealer says I can't, I have to live with the warning light and beeps over the winter. Only other option is to buy aftermarket pressure sensors for the valve stems on the new Borbet wheels, I guess...

Any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Cannot disengage it... Only way is to buy new ones or get the ones from the factories out and install them in the new wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does the 300 Touring come with TPM? I had new tires and wheels installed the first week of having the car and no light ever came on. Now after having a flat fixed twice now, one was a plug where the tire was never taken off the rim and I never got a light for tire pressure. The other the tire was taken off and patched, now I see a light that stays on all the time. My question is do I actually have the TPM because I do not have any other info other that the light. And I see you all talk about the tire pressures showing up.

Craig

1 - 7 of 7 Posts