Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope some of you can agree that no seatbelt reminder noise can get annoying after a while. i usually drive with it on but theres some instances where i simply dont use it. does anyone know how to make that darn beeping stop? is it as simple as just pulling the fuse? please help guys!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
lennoxavesosa said:
i hope some of you can agree that no seatbelt reminder noise can get annoying after a while. i usually drive with it on but theres some instances where i simply dont use it. does anyone know how to make that darn beeping stop? is it as simple as just pulling the fuse? please help guys!!!
Look at p. 35 in your manual, it tells you how to disable it but the light will stay on.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have 2 solutions

1) wear the belt and if you just don't want it on...........
2) crank up the sounds ;-)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I can't fathom why anyone would not wear their seat belt. I make my living off of car accidents, so I've seen all kinds of low-speed to high-speed collisions where there would have been no injuries had the person been strapped in.

Even my vintage cars have new vintage looking seatbelts.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
ChromeTailfins said:
I can't fathom why anyone would not wear their seat belt. I make my living off of car accidents, so I've seen all kinds of low-speed to high-speed collisions where there would have been no injuries had the person been strapped in.

Even my vintage cars have new vintage looking seatbelts.
I can tell you living in the south can change your attitudes towards belts (at least the first several minutes of driving). When the ambient temp outside is 100+-, a car has to sit in the sun, etc...the LAST thing I want is to be strapped to a frickin' seat that is hot until the air inside the cabin cools down.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
ChromeTailfins said:
I can't fathom why anyone would not wear their seat belt. I make my living off of car accidents, .
I did too..Law Enforcement 23 yrs
Chief Deputy Coroner-4 yrs.
It's the law here...and makes common sense.

·
Registered
124 Posts
jjs said:
I can tell you living in the south can change your attitudes towards belts (at least the first several minutes of driving). When the ambient temp outside is 100+-, a car has to sit in the sun, etc...the LAST thing I want is to be strapped to a frickin' seat that is hot until the air inside the cabin cools down.
Not to get all preachy, but it gets hot here too. And I've been to many places where it's 100+. I've never been overheated by wearing a seatbelt. If that's your excuse, it's rather weak. What do you do, lean forward on the seat until the temperature comes down? How can you drive like that?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Lik2race said:
I did too..Law Enforcement 23 yrs
Chief Deputy Coroner-4 yrs.
It's the law here...and makes common sense.
It is common sense, but I don't think it should be a law. If people don't want to strap it, so be it. Not wearing a seatbelt is dangerous to the driver, so if he wants to hurt/kill himself, let him. When something is dangerous to other people, then it should be a law.

If a cop pulls someone over for not wearing a seatbelt, you know that town has way too many cops hired.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
ChromeTailfins said:
Not to get all preachy, but it gets hot here too. And I've been to many places where it's 100+. I've never been overheated by wearing a seatbelt. If that's your excuse, it's rather weak. What do you do, lean forward on the seat until the temperature comes down? How can you drive like that?
No, and I don't know HOW you drive, but I don't like having a strap running across my waist and chest pressing an already hot body into an already hot seat, and I especially do not like a strap pressing a shirt across my chest when humidity is over 70% and the car is still 120+ inside.

I don't care if it is thought of as weak or not. 5-10 minutes until the car cools is worth the 'risk' to me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Taha24 said:
It is common sense, but I don't think it should be a law. If people don't want to strap it, so be it. Not wearing a seatbelt is dangerous to the driver, so if he wants to hurt/kill himself, let him. When something is dangerous to other people, then it should be a law.

If a cop pulls someone over for not wearing a seatbelt, you know that town has way too many cops hired.

I find seatbelts help hold you into the seat during cornering, braking, and evasive maneuvers. In that sense, it helps someone retain control, which may help avoid accidents with other drivers. That's how it helps the public at large.

Not to mention increased health costs and insurance rates for other drivers due to the injuries unbelted drivers may sustain in accidents.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
jjs said:
No, and I don't know HOW you drive, but I don't like having a strap running across my waist and chest pressing an already hot body into an already hot seat, and I especially do not like a strap pressing a shirt across my chest when humidity is over 70% and the car is still 120+ inside.

I don't care if it is thought of as weak or not. 5-10 minutes until the car cools is worth the 'risk' to me.
Kind of reminds me of the old seatbelt commercial where the guy says that the belts are too confining, and in the next scene he's in a body cast!
Also the old statistic that most accidents happen within five miles of home. Just the distance over which the interior of the car can cool down so you can be ejected from the car onto the nice hot asphalt!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
trust me guys, i wear a seatbelt 90% of the time im driving. there are just several instances in my everyday life that i do not wear it.....for instance, i have my own parking lot on the side of my home, but i have to drive out all the way around the block to put my car in my garage (where it usually stays) so theres no sense in me buckling up for that....only takes about 3 minutes, and for the duration of the short trip i have to hear that damn noise, especially when im waiting for my garage door to open. i usually do this late at nite when i come home (2-5AM) so i dont like turning up my music all the way to drain out the noise because it wakes my neighbors. also my 2 best friends live 2 blocks away from me and i usually do not take the time to buckle up whenever im up there (daily basis usually), so once again the noise gets a lil annoying.

i forgot i started this post, and didnt realize it had grown to 2 pages already.....EXCEPT NO ONE ANSWERED MY QUESTION!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
there has to be a fuse we can pull to eliminate this (but what else will die if i pull the fuse). or another alternative i was thinking about, although id rather just have the noise eliminated somehow besides doing this.....is to buy the seatbelt buckle that snaps into the holder, but without the strap. i could just keep this in the center console and whenever i didnt wanna hear that noise and not wear a seat belt, simply plug it in and shouldnt it be the same as if my seatbelt were actually on? someone please help me! i cant take this damn noise anymore!

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
lennoxavesosa said:
there has to be a fuse we can pull to eliminate this (but what else will die if i pull the fuse). or another alternative i was thinking about, although id rather just have the noise eliminated somehow besides doing this.....is to buy the seatbelt buckle that snaps into the holder, but without the strap. i could just keep this in the center console and whenever i didnt wanna hear that noise and not wear a seat belt, simply plug it in and shouldnt it be the same as if my seatbelt were actually on? someone please help me! i cant take this damn noise anymore!

Did you even read the very first post in this thread after your original one. The answer is in the manual!!!

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
lennoxavesosa said:
WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT...period :mad: Nurse Linda

·
Registered
538 Posts
lennox,

Do you fail to see the ANSWERS provided in all of your posts?

This is the second one one here where people gave you the EXACT answer you were looking for....only to say no one answered your question.

Why is that?

RTFM.

JFF:D

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha sorry guys (and gal;) ) ......yea yer right tho, this is the 2nd, if not 3rd time ive blantly overlooked an answer to my question. feel kinda embarassed at this point lol. theres so much information on here, and every one of you is so helpful and insightful its almost like i get overwhelmed with it and tend to overlook things. i guess yall are goin to have to start putting the answer in uppercase or bold print or else my stupid a$$ will miss it. haha just kiddin, but thanks again linda, you're oh so helpful!

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
lennoxavesosa said:
haha sorry guys (and gal;) ) ......yea yer right tho, this is the 2nd, if not 3rd time ive blantly overlooked an answer to my question. feel kinda embarassed at this point lol. theres so much information on here, and every one of you is so helpful and insightful its almost like i get overwhelmed with it and tend to overlook things. i guess yall are goin to have to start putting the answer in uppercase or bold print or else my stupid a$$ will miss it. haha just kiddin, but thanks again linda, you're oh so helpful!
You're welcome buddy... just stay with us, okay? No more napping or adult attention deficit. :p

By the way, just making SURE you caught the real answer to your question (from arnoldw) is on page 35 in your owner's manual... BUT the correct answer to your question (from most of us, me included) is 3 posts up...

·
Registered
528 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts