Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This has probably been answered before, but I can't find a thread.

I bought a REC radio from an Ebay seller. Installed it with no issues. Radio and nav functions work OK, but CD player displays a DISC ERROR message when I try to load a CD. When I push the LOAD button, it makes noises for a few seconds, then displays the error message. :eek:uch:

Any suggestions (other than returning it to the seller)?

Update, with a new thought.

I installed this radio for someone else. They had a high end alarm system installed before I got the chance to install the radio. I couldn't contact anyone at the alarm place to ask them if it was OK to disconnect the battery. Bottom line, I DID NOT disconnect the battery before installing the radio.

Could this have anything to do with the DISC ERROR message? When I plugged in the large connector in the back, the radio came to life and ejected a CD that had been left in the radio. After that, the DISC ERROR message whenever trying to load a CD.

·
Registered
268 Posts
the ejected cd

was the ejected cd yours or one that was in there from the seller? perhaps there are more cds in there that are jammed?
Jaydee

·
Registered
43 Posts
magnesium300c said:
This has probably been answered before, but I can't find a thread.

I bought a REC radio from an Ebay seller. Installed it with no issues. Radio and nav functions work OK, but CD player displays a DISC ERROR message when I try to load a CD. When I push the LOAD button, it makes noises for a few seconds, then displays the error message. :eek:uch:

Any suggestions (other than returning it to the seller)?

Update, with a new thought.

I installed this radio for someone else. They had a high end alarm system installed before I got the chance to install the radio. I couldn't contact anyone at the alarm place to ask them if it was OK to disconnect the battery. Bottom line, I DID NOT disconnect the battery before installing the radio.

Could this have anything to do with the DISC ERROR message? When I plugged in the large connector in the back, the radio came to life and ejected a CD that had been left in the radio. After that, the DISC ERROR message whenever trying to load a CD.
I would return it to the seller. The decks in those units are very sensitive. When shipped to the dealer new in the box, there is a shipping bracket located on top of the radio. This bracket holds the deck in place so it does not bounce around during shipping. I'm guessing most units from E-Bay are not going to have this bracket still on there, since it needs to be removed before installation into a new vehicle. So my guess would be the deck bounced around and has been damaged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts