Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my SRT8 since November 2007, and I keep discovering features my car has that I didn't know about. Earlier this week, I made a slight turn left after using my turn signal. It wasn't a sharp enough turn to disengage automatically. I was playing loud music on my stereo and I didn't notice that I forgot to turn off the turn signal. After a little while (maybe 20 seconds or so), my car reminded me that the turn signal was still on. A notice flashed up on the EVIC and there was a chime. I can't believe it took me over 4 years to forget my turn signal was on! :) What a cool feature! While I'm on the subject of turn signals, I must say that the turn signals on my SRT8 work great compared to other cars I've owned. I like the way you can just tap the signal when changing lanes. I also like that on all but the slightest turns, the signal always go off automatically. The turn signals in my G35 and Mustang were horrible. I could make many reasonably sharp turns and still have to turn them off myself.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
So your the guy using them! Thanks Ken :) 2 of my bikes have auto shut-off ones that will turn off after the wheel travels so far. works pretty good. I had never heard of this feature on our ( or at least the SRT) before now. Very cool

·
Registered
129 Posts
I only wish the lane change feature had one more blink to it. 3 is just slightly too short IMHO. Personally I like the feature that chimes and blinks the warning light to remind you your parking brake is on when you put the car in gear.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I only wish the lane change feature had one more blink to it. 3 is just slightly too short IMHO. Personally I like the feature that chimes and blinks the warning light to remind you your parking brake is on when you put the car in gear.
I'd like the lane change feature to go five flashes. Three just isn't enough. I knew about the turn signal reminder in my C. I didn't realize until a month or so ago, my '03 Ram has it, too.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
My '95 Plymouth Voyager had the turnsignal reminder. Nothing new to me.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't think it was anything new. It's just new to me because I've never had a car with this feature before. It's not as cool as the rain sensing wipers, but it's still a pretty nice feature.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
It's not as cool as the rain sensing wipers, but it's still a pretty nice feature.
Especially for those long acceleration on-ramps, as few as they are these days, but those are the ones where the turnsignal is least likely to turn itself off and drive those behind/aside of you to distraction.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I like that. It's the geezer alert for turn signals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts