Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, guys and gals, I have been a GM player for a long time now. I am used to seeing a new GM product come out, the LS2 was the latest example(LS2 edit is already available), and seeing programming software for the computer within a year or less. I am either very poor at searching for this stuff or it simply does not exist for the 300/Mag/charger platform and I am disappointed. Do any of you know of a company that is currently working to get software available that allows tuning/remapping of the stock PCM? With the Hemi becomming a cultural icon and several hundred thousand Hemi's back on the road, I would think this would be profitable for a company. I realize the truck Hemi and the car Hemi may require different software, but once somebody has the code down and understands it, I would think it could be applied across the line.

Todd

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
WhiteDiamond said:
Okay, guys and gals, I have been a GM player for a long time now. I am used to seeing a new GM product come out, the LS2 was the latest example(LS2 edit is already available), and seeing programming software for the computer within a year or less. I am either very poor at searching for this stuff or it simply does not exist for the 300/Mag/charger platform and I am disappointed. Do any of you know of a company that is currently working to get software available that allows tuning/remapping of the stock PCM? With the Hemi becomming a cultural icon and several hundred thousand Hemi's back on the road, I would think this would be profitable for a company. I realize the truck Hemi and the car Hemi may require different software, but once somebody has the code down and understands it, I would think it could be applied across the line.

Todd
We have been waiting a long time for someone to do this and most companies wont try and tackle it, the software is very difficult to hack and it seems the cost (at least right now) outweighs the risk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Most places wont touch DC cars because the programming is embedded into a non-removable chip in the PCM. In order to access the programming, the chip must be removed and prongs soldered so a different chip can be installed. Its no easy task to remove and to do everything else that is involved. I dont know how the LX chip is embedded and I dont know how the heezee JET is accessing the PCM through the diagnostic port. Does the JET chip on the website look the same in hand? Below's a pic of what had to be done to my Stratus to access the PCM programming. It didnt do well so I sent it back but I did keep the PCM. This guy I know may be able to decode the chip with the proper equipment. I'd look at the LX PCM but it looks like a hassle to get out. Only if I have to.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hypertech has a programmer out for the 04/05 Hemi Rams so, maybe soon?

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
???

you dreged up a thread that is almost 3 years old!!!!

Are you serious?

Search the word "Diablo"!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re:

Are you serious?
Yes; "Google Search Term : chrysler ecm programing software" brings up this thread, and it appears no one answered it.

Search the word "Diablo"!!!!
This turns up games. The proper search word is "Diablosport" for performance products.

Thank you for the info though! I did find the right site and I do appreciate the information. I had no idea where to look and hopefully this will also help someone else in the future if they do a Google Search.....

We have done GM products for years and this is our first foray into Chrysler products, so now we know where to start. Thanks again!

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
Yeah, the reason this thread from 2005 went unanswered was at that time there was nothing available. Things have changed now of course.

Bernie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts