Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone want to shed light on how to disengage the governor?

I read there is one, and I also read someone has disengaged it.

Anyone want to give their story?

·
Registered
99 Posts
OK, from one Cali brother to another...what's the trick (c'mon...just between you, me and the rest of the dorknoids)? ;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
cmego said:
Yes, it's true. They did it in California (sorry, I couldn't resist).
haha. You missed the humor... ;)

No one has disabled their governor quite yet. Only person who has had a chance to test the true top speed of the vehicle is in Mexico and I believe it topped out around 140-145.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
I have seen143 mph. Car was still pulling but I ran out of road (picked a straight country road through cornfields, with no access, to do the run).

Please don't ask how I disengaged the governor. The only thing I can tell you is that it is a Canadian car. My last 2 (a 300M and a 300M Special) had no governors on them either. They all came that way stock.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
I would love to hear from a service tech as to what configurable options are available via a StarScan. Removing the governor could be as easy as getting friendly with your local Chrysler service guy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did anyone ever confirm that turning the key like you were going to start it after it is running disengages the govenor. I did confirm the starter does not engage but someone who dyno'd cars said they had to do this on the trucks and maybe it worked for us.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Billy94Z said:
Did anyone ever confirm that turning the key like you were going to start it after it is running disengages the govenor. I did confirm the starter does not engage but someone who dyno'd cars said they had to do this on the trucks and maybe it worked for us.
My starter doesn't engage when running either. I hit it by mistake (since the Hemi is so darn quiet!) and then wondered "where's the idiot wakeup call?" So, for whomever has the opportunity, do you have to do this at a standstill or is it like that old "turbo boost?"

·
Banned
2,098 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello. I have a 300c bought in mexico but it was built in the same ontario plant. i have taken it up to 156 mph / 250 kmh and seems to be about it. the speedo reads up to 260 kmh but have not been able to acheive.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Viva la Mexico!

156 MPH! Nice... ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
It doesnt feel like you want to continue at that speed for a prolonged period. i think about 130 is ok but after you have to watch out. well i guess not so much because of the car but because of the rest of the people on the highway.

·
Registered
528 Posts
GENIUS!
Why can't we establish speed limits that way here in the States?

·
Registered
272 Posts
300cMexico said:
It doesnt feel like you want to continue at that speed for a prolonged period. i think about 130 is ok but after you have to watch out. well i guess not so much because of the car but because of the rest of the people on the highway.
did you notice any "floating" sensation at the higher speeds? or was it stable when trying to turn?

·
Registered
365 Posts
OK, LOTHP and joey, it IS a family-oriented forum; your recent posts here are out of order and have been deleted. Let's keep it clean, please.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts