Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some VHT "Night Shades" transparent tailight lens paint from Summit and went to town this morning. Three light coates and a coat of clear. I think with my new tinted tails (coming Tues.) it will pull it all together. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Looks sharp, stupid question, can you see the bulb (well) through the tint? Off topic, what wheels/tires and drop kit are you running.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
II kings 9:20 said:
Looks sharp, stupid question, can you see the bulb (well) through the tint? Off topic, what wheels/tires and drop kit are you running.
Yes you can see the light when it lights up, the paint is transparent. The wheels are Helo Cash 22x9.5 +15 offset with 285/30/22 Dunlop 9000's. The drop is the Eibach 1.6" kit.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
nice job indeed.. your car looks sharp.. imho, i would just leave the back tailights stock, keeping it simple, but clean.. :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
Does it cut down or reduce the light that comes through?? Like a window tint??

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
If I had to guess bigslim, the chrome bumper studs are to fill in the holes the blockhead dealer put in for the plate. They are a nice touch.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DJJT said:
Does it cut down or reduce the light that comes through?? Like a window tint??
Yes it cuts down a bit, but is certainly visible when the light is on.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
II kings 9:20 said:
If I had to guess bigslim, the chrome bumper studs are to fill in the holes the blockhead dealer put in for the plate. They are a nice touch.
Bingo...... I wish the dealer would have not drilled into the bumper :mad:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sweet

Aspendog, I love it, I would really like the way the side markers look and very interested in doing that mod to Mrs SexC as well :) Thanks so much for the pics and INFO! My hubby happened to have Summit magazine laying around and of course I thumb through it after reading your post and found it. For those interested the part is VHT-SP999 $11.99 ea. or go to www.SummitRacing.com. Again Thanks Aspendog! Looking Good :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
aspendog said:
Got some VHT "Night Shades" transparent tailight lens paint from Summit and went to town this morning. Three light coates and a coat of clear. I think with my new tinted tails (coming Tues.) it will pull it all together. Thoughts?
Looks great. Can you offer any assistance in removing the lens. I am considering tinting my lens depending on difficulty.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Blizz said:
Looks great. Can you offer any assistance in removing the lens. I am considering tinting my lens depending on difficulty.
You need to remove the facia or you could just mask the area off VERY well and go to town...

·
Registered
31 Posts
aspendog said:
You need to remove the facia or you could just mask the area off VERY well and go to town...
did you spray the inside of the lense or the outside?

·
Registered
9 Posts
That looks really nice and I am sure that the rear taillamp covers will really set it off.

A little off topic, but with the Eiback 1.6" drop, do you have any clearance problems? I still don't have a 300c yet, but I am already planning some things for it and 22" wheels with the drop is on that list. I will probably using the car as a daily driver...so I don't want to have to cut the corners of my driveway like I have to do with my S2000, Awesome car though!!

-Matt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts