Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made some mods over the weekend. Finaly got some time to put a DLR module in the system after I picked it up from tinting. The back is Limo style, the front are 28%. Hope I don't get in trouble here in LA.
Just click on the Links to get the bigger picture. Enjoy.
If you guy's need information about the module and the installation let me know, and yes it is LEGAL.

DLR
Tint

·
Registered
101 Posts
yes yes yes.... Info is good :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Module information

Here is the link to the web site where I bought mine.
It works great and it is cheap.
DLR Module

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am thinking about this on too. Makes it look different.

·
Registered
365 Posts
MGD said:
Here is the link to the web site where I bought mine.
It works great and it is cheap.
DLR Module
I tried that site before and it still shows only light bars; nothing about DRL's to fit the 300C. Also, your pic of your car indicates a 300 other than a 300C. In my case, a 300C, it has HID's and the parking lights are located differently.

I have found a place which will activate the parking lights for DRL's, but I personally want to use the high beam lights (non-HID) for DRL's as is used on Canadian deliveries and fleet car deliveries in the US.

Do you have any info on DRL's for the HID-equipped 300C which has a resistive electrical system?

DCX says it cannot be done on the US-delivered 300's which lack appropriate s/w in the body module.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
This module is used to turn your turn signals into DRL's. You can use any other light bulb besides HID's to hook it up to. I am shure that light bulb in your high beam part of HID's is a regular bulb.
I am perfectly happy with a 300T. Here in LA it's cheaper in Stop and Go traffic. 8000 Dollars saved to spend on something else is fine with me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
MGD said:
This module is used to turn your turn signals into DRL's. You can use any other light bulb besides HID's to hook it up to. I am shure that light bulb in your high beam part of HID's is a regular bulb.
I am perfectly happy with a 300T. Here in LA it's cheaper in Stop and Go traffic. 8000 Dollars saved to spend on something else is fine with me.

I was thinking the same thing at first, but I have grown accustomed to HID's and the projector lights set up, that and the power of the Hemi sold me on the 300c.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
The Hid is low beam only, not the high beam, I am going to try this unit for use on the signals for drl (I prefer the low beams) but no can do with Hid low beams on the C. It seems reasonable that the signal should work given it is a regular bulb unrelated to the HID system if I ever get a car, delayed shipping for the third time. If I get a car and this thing hooked up I'll let you Hid owners know, the high beam should work but that resistive electrics makes me wonder, I thought the resistive related to the type of HID bulb. I want to place signal mirrors or fender mount lane change lights which would tap into the turn signal wire presumably part of this same resistive electrical system :confused: I was told by a DC salesman that signal mirrors would be avail in a few months as a dealer installed option?? If this can be done, why not DRL.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Turn signals are controlled by means of 12 volt DC to an electronic flasher, from the flasher to the light bulb, from the light bulb to ground. It is not in any way connected to the resitive circiutry of the HID's. And yes you can hook up extra light bulbs as turn signals like a fender mount one or a mirror with turn indicators.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts