Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new to the forum. Just picked up a 07srt8 300c. It has the in dash nav and rear DVD player but noticed no sub box in the rear. Looks like there's a small square plug behind the carpet on drivers side by the Sirius tuner box that's not plugged into anything . Did they all not come with the sub option or am I just missing it ?

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Not all models came with the Kicker sub option in the trunk but it might be possible that the previous owner took it out. You would have to obtain a copy of the original build sheet of your specific vehicle to determine if it did have the Kicker option in the trunk.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK.. I just called the dealer they said by my Vin I have the sub in the rear deck. I'll have to check there. Also emailed Chrysler for the build sheet.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
OK.. I just called the dealer they said by my Vin I have the sub in the rear deck. I'll have to check there. Also emailed Chrysler for the build sheet.
If the dealer confirmed that your vehicle is suppose to have the kicker sub in the trunk then it seems like the previous owner took it out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He said its the one in the rear deck not the sub box I'm trunk. Didn't know they had one in the deck I'll have to go out and check when I get home if there is one there.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Yes, some Boston Acoustic systems came with an 8" sub hung from the underside of the rear package tray. The amp for it was also attached there.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Yeah, they offered like 3 or 4 different head units, some with amps, some without, some with Boston Acoustics setups and some with Kicker setups.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK so got the build sheet via email from Chrysler and kinda confused. Here is all speaker audio related items mentioned in the build sheet ..
Ay1 Harman kardon audio group
Ay2 SRT option group II
Rfcp kicker 322 watt amplifier
Rfzp 100 watt kicker subwoofer
Xyrp kicker mobile surround sound
Rc5 13 spkrs kicker high performance audio

I'd have to count the speakers but 13 sounds like a lot . and unless the sub in the rear deck is kicker I assumed the kicker sub was the box on left in trunk no?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts