Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2006 CSRT8 with NAV and Kicker audio system but since I got the car the NAV unit won't read the disc...it states unable to read disc and something about the NAV unit was upgraded...so what do I need to do to get my NAV working?

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
<Bump>,,,,,,,,,

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
It sounds to me you bought your car used. Check to see if the disc is an original and what the last two characters are. It should end with AB, AC, AD or AE. The latest is AF, but it's unlikely anyone has that one yet as it just came out.

The message you're getting tells me the firmware was updated, possibly by the nav in motion hack and when the original owner sold the car perhaps he put the original disc back in. If so, that's where the error comes from.

If you need help how to access the nav disc just post here.

Bernie

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rambit...I removed the disc and the last two are AC...so should I buy a new disc or is the NAV itself bad

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Thanks Rambit...I removed the disc and the last two are AC...so should I buy a new disc or is the NAV itself bad
So it's an original then? It's also a few years old. You can try cleaning it to see if it'll read the disc I guess. Tell ya what I'd do. Go to your friendly dealer and ask him if you can try a DVD from another car. Look for one that's an AE. That would rule out a problem with your unit if it works. Maybe you know someone who lives near you with the same system.

I'm sure in a day or two someone will be just dying to burn a copy for you with the nav hack, like someone in this thread - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/ca...ble-nav-programming-disable-while-motion.html.

Bernie

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had problems with my Nav not reading the disc. I changed discs and the problem was still there. Luckily, my car is still under warranty because I had to get the whole Nav system replaced.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only have 14,500 miles on it...if it is the NAV unit how long is the warranty on it

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
I only have 14,500 miles on it...if it is the NAV unit how long is the warranty on it
Warranty is 3/36...

Per the "AC" disc that you have, if it is an original disc it will have a silkscreened image printed directly on the disc, if it is a copy it may have a paper label, sometimes you have to look very carefully to see the difference.

·
Registered
321 Posts
sounds like the previous owner may have updated the Nav radio sometime when he owned it and when it came time to sell the car kept the latest disc and put in the old one in . Since the Nav is not backwards compatible the old one wont work

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks...took it to the dealer and I was told they will replace the disk for me...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thanks...took it to the dealer and I was told they will replace the disk for me...

I hope everything works out for you with the dealership.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dealer replaced the disc and everything works fine now....thanks for the response :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts